Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question TriStar Conventions

Dear Game Used Forum Collectors,

I was just curious if TriStar Conventions are worth going to. My Mom and I are considering flying to Houston this June for the convention, and then seeing some Astros games in the Dodgers series thereafter.

Is there typically much game-used stuff? How are the people who run the shows? Do you actually get to chat with players, or is it more of a conveyor-belt type feeling? Is it expensive?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

-Frik
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Banned

Re: TriStar Conventions

Frik from the the shows that Tri Star puts on here in New York its just like any other Autograph signing show a few players signing at tables conveyor belt style and if you get a few moments to speak with a player than good for you.
    The rest is just vendors selling Cards and Autographed memorabilia. Never seen anything Game Used unless it's AMI which came to a show to prmote an auction they had coming up.

I am not saying any of this in a bad way just letting you know its a regular autograph show.

no game used items, lots of cards some autographs, fairly quick going through autograph line. If there is a player you really want to meet then go if it is just because there is a show I would say pass on it.

Same experience here, but not a surprise because I am local to suave. I went to a couple. Steep cover charge, lots of tables of mainly sports cards, no game used items, very high priced autographs (superstars).
    I don't plan to go to another unless someone extremely rare is signing, and even then, I would have to ask myself if it's worth the time & money.

There are no game used jersey on sell at the Tristar shows. If you plan to get multiple autograph of the Astros player I recommond you get a VIP package. Those lines for the Astros are very long. Most of the players dont really talk to the fans. The only time players talk to me if I buy those expensive photo ops or if the players is not well known. The only reason why I go to these shows is to take a picture. Most of the items you can heavily reduce on ebay with a Tristar hologram

Jojo

Quote Originally Posted by Texans View Post
    There are no game used jersey on sell at the Tristar shows. If you plan to get multiple autograph of the Astros player I recommond you get a VIP package. Those lines for the Astros are very long. Most of the players dont really talk to the fans. The only time players talk to me if I buy those expensive photo ops or if the players is not well known. The only reason why I go to these shows is to take a picture. Most of the items you can buy heavily reduce on ebay with a Tristar hologram

Jojo

Quote Originally Posted by Texans View Post
    There are no game used jersey on sell at the Tristar shows. If you plan to get multiple autograph of the Astros player I recommond you get a VIP package. Those lines for the Astros are very long. Most of the players dont really talk to the fans. The only time players talk to me if I buy those expensive photo ops or if the players is not well known. The only reason why I go to these shows is to take a picture. Most of the items you can heavily reduce on ebay with a Tristar hologram

Jojo
    Can you tell me about the VIP package. How much does it cost? What about the photo ops? How much do they cost? There isn't really any info on the TriStar website.

Thanks!

-Frik
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    Can you tell me about the VIP package. How much does it cost? What about the photo ops? How much do they cost? There isn't really any info on the TriStar website.

Thanks!

-Frik
    just give them a call (713) 666-9595

I went to a tri star show to get Jerry Rice's autograph. He could not have been nicer. He talked to me as he was autographing, made sure I didn't smear the autograph after he signed and even let me have my picture taken with him for free even though there was a set up earlier where they charged for photographs taken with him. At the same show both Bob Feller and Joe Morgan were real nice and talked with me for a couple of minutes and also let me take a picture. I suspect how you are treated at a show depends on the player. Those that relate to fans are nice and those who don't can be rude. Like the others who have posted, I think this is primarily an autograph show with little or no game used items you would want.

They are not going to list price until April 18 on there site. I took a picture with Lance Berkman and Roy Oswalt. I think it cost about $60 each. To me you can always get an auto of them at any time on ebay but a picture with a player of your favorite team its awesome. At first I did not want to pay for pictures but I hate dealing with the problem of finding someone to take the picture and making sure the picture came out ok. It made it easier but cost money.

Jojo