Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Giants Update-TI Super Bowl Jerseys

For any NY Giants football fans, the club has listed Team Issued Super Bowl jerseys ($300 & up) as well as updated the site w/ practice worn jerseys including Manning ($500). Jay.

Re: Giants Update-TI Super Bowl Jerseys

Typically, how many TI jerseys for each player are made? Are they only made for the SB? What is to stop the Giants when someone buys the Strahan from sewing up another one?

I don't know much about jerseys, hence the questions.

In noticed that they are all listed game issued not game used.
    John

I assume these jerseys were backups for the players. I'm sure the players get to keep their game worn jerseys. I also noticed a couple of the jerseys have 06 year tags so they were made up with left overs.

I picked up one of the $300 jerseys and it disappeared from the site. Looks like they only have one from each player. They had an Eli Manning GI jersey for $1750 and it sold right away. The jersey however, had elastic sleeves??????

pie - Thanks for spilling the beans!

7 pages of game "issued" jerseys dont really thrill me anyway. I want some dirt stained jerseys. One pair of unidentified cleats? The same masks that they've been pushing for 2 months?

Where's the good stuff Big Blue?

Jim

Hi everybody,

I thought I could help this topic along, since I spoke yesterday with two members of the Giants' marketing department, and a member of their equipment staff, asking about these game-issued jerseys.

Remember, MeiGray worked with the Giants from 1997-2002, and we did have one set of Giants' Super Bowl jerseys in 2000, the jerseys the team wore on Media Day. That year, the players got to keep their Super Bowl-game-worn jerseys from SB XXXV.

When speaking yesterday, I was told that the set being offered was the backup set brought to Arizona for the game. The players got to keep their SC XVII game-worn jerseys, and the jersey each player wore on Media Day.

I was told there was one backup set, this set being offered.
    As I am a huge Giants fan, and attended the game with my family, I purchased the Tyree (Manning was already gone) and Umenyiora (my 14-year-old daughter's favorite player).

Regards,
    Barry Meisel, MeiGray

OOPS. I meant SB XLII.

Barry

Barry,

I saw the Manning on the site before it sold. It had elastic sleeves. I might have bought it was cut like his game jerseys. Why do you think it had the elastic?

Thanks,
    Chris

PS - nice pickup on those two jerseys.

Hi Bulbus,

I do not know. I could only speculate: Perhaps they did not have another QB cut, but wanted to have an emergency backup just in case ...

... Manning got his jersey ripped when he was grabbed by a lineman, who tugged and stretched his jersey while he miraculously wriggled out of trouble and threw a 34-yard prayer downfield to a backup receiver who made one of the greatest/clutchest catches in NFL history.

(Sorry, folks. Couldn't resist. Still reveling in our perfect season).

Barry

Forget the Giants, they got Lucky ....

As for Tom Brady, he wore TWO jerseys in Super Bowl XLII....note the differences in the placement of the nameplate.....
    Attached Images Attached Images