i know that many have found Mastro's new authentication and "code of conduct" policies both confusing and amusing.

i was perusing Mastro's website and saw this:

"Jerseys - Mastro Auctions provides our own LOAs for all game used Jerseys. Behind these LOAs is most targeted and comprehensive authentication process in the business. For each auction we assemble a team of experts that will work together to examine all of our game used jerseys. No individual names will be associated with this work based on the fact that we will only offer items where the team unanimously deems the item to be authentic. We have engaged PSA/DNA to oversee this process to ensure the necessary steps are being taken to ensure this authentication is being conducted in the most professional and comprehensive manner possible."

I was curious about PSA/DNA's role in this so I emailed PSA/DNA president Joe Orlando today. Joe was good enough to email me back quickly and had this to say about their role with Mastro:

"PSA/DNA is, in no way, engaged in game-used jersey authentication or in overseeing their process...The service they offer has nothing to do with PSA/DNA."

Joe also mentioned that he has instructed Mastro to correct this but apparently to date they have not.

rudy.