Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thread: Repair Bat?

Repair Bat?

Hello Forum Members: I Have A Lot Brokens Bats In My Collection.. Do You Repair Your Batsor Display Brokens?.. Thanks

Re: Repair Bat?

Quote Originally Posted by MUSEOVEN View Post
    Hello Forum Members: I Have A Lot Brokens Bats In My Collection.. Do You Repair Your Batsor Display Brokens?.. Thanks
    I have plenty of broken bats. If the bat is in tact, I leave it alone...and display it that way. If it is too bad, I put a little tape around it - and put it into a tube. Bat repair is something that I am going to learn in the next few months...I think the hard part is knowing how much pressure to use and how to pad the vice grips.

Dave
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If the bat is in two pieces I will glue it with a tiny amount of super glue. If it is in one piece, it stays as is.

I repair all of my bats, including repairing cracks as well as recently repairing water damage. I like the cracks and they are still visible, but all of my bats are displayed in my office and are examined and swung by a lot of people that come through.
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com