Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

PCCE Panel Discussion

good news..it sounds like chris nerat has indeed made it to the PCCE and even gone so far as to ask questions of the panel.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/42624...nel+discussion

"John Taube , Lou Lampson and I just finished our panel discussion. I was really expecting to hear some real tough questions but we got questions like whats the best piece we have ever seen, do autographs increase value, etc. etc"

rudy.

Banned

Re: PCCE Panel Discussion

I forwarded 3 "tough" questions on the site that was mentioned earlier on this Forum. As I expected, none of mine were presented. Specifically, one directed to Lampson about the green St. Pat's jersey, and what basis he had to write a LOA indicating it was not only game worn, but a legit. jersey worn on St. PAt's when no other examples have ever surfaced or been photographed?

What a complete joke.......

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

I was really expecting to hear some real tough questions but we got questions like whats the best piece we have ever seen, do autographs increase value, etc. etc"

'We got' or we chose to answer?

man, i really wanted to make it to the pcce to confront lampson - but i got cold feet, got scared. much safer and easier for me to anonymously air my gripes from the comfort of my command center, in mom's basement. but one day...
    robert

Banned

I have to admit, I prepared myself to ask the question on the panel of Lou Lampson:

"Lou, I would like to know your system that has your signing letters of authenticity for items in major auction houses, but you as an authenticator has no way for the public to contact you. I have found that there is no public phone numbers listed for your authentication, and not even an email address or web site to offer this service. I ask this question as it has been brought to my attention that people in the industry would often like to contact you to discuss how you decided your grade of authentic for certain items."

I wrote the whole question all out and everything, and then I showed up around 3:45PM just as the group was leaving the discussion. My bad, but it took over an hour to drive the 25 minute drive from my home to the convention.

I will admit, I wanted to ask the question when the answer would be recorded as public record, as a little while later, Chris Nerat (http://gavelchat.sportscollectorsdigest.com/) offered to introduce me to Lou Lampson as he just finished a conversation with Lou. I declined, as I waned to approach the question in a group format.

My bad for being late, sorry to all my fans.

I will mention this also, in discussions with some top people in the industry who do not own or work at auction houses, all today at the convention, they all agreed on one point - They basically agreed that Lou Lampson is very knowledgeable about his work and though he may make mistakes, he tries very hard to be accurate in his authentications.

I found this to be neat to hear people who do not hire Lou Lampson to authenticate items were speaking highly of him.

One thing was made very clear to me, and I already knew this but I would like to repeat it - No matter how hard the few regulars on this forum try to convince the public - Lou Lampson is not looking to commit fraud with his authentications. Lou is brought in to view items, and he does deny authentication on many items. He is offering an opinion, and though he may make mistakes from time to time (like some green jersey that just won't go away), he is paid to give his opinion.

Anyway, I was told by someone in another avenue of the sports memorabilia industry other than game used that they miss my posts on Game Used Universe. This person, one of the top dogs in the sports memorabilia industry who has never posted on this discussion group, told me they enjoyed reading my honest, fair and politically correct views and they missed them.

Another day in the life...

Anyway, I was told by someone in another avenue of the sports memorabilia industry other than game used that they miss my posts on Game Used Universe.
    Are you sure this isn't a case of Eve White requesting more input from Eve Black?

i know i risk my own sanity by responding to one of your posts joel but here goes..

"Lou Lampson is not looking to commit fraud with his authentications."

ok good! phew. glad we finally resolved that! while we're at it, can you also ask those clairvoyant folks who really shot jfk? it's been on my mind for awhile and i'd love to finally know. because if lou were looking to commit fraud he'd obviously inform others of his real intentions. he'd probably even work it into his introductions. "hi i'm lou lampson. i have 8000 photos and i like to commit fraud".

lou authenticated this cano/phillips/johnson jersey and stated that no other players had worn #14 in 2005. in fact, 2 other players had worn #14 in 2005. 1) lou, as the paid professional authenticator, didn't check a roster. this equates to gross negligence at best. fraud at worst. 2) he then made up a story about how cano was the only one to wear #14, which he wasn't, in order to make the jersey a cano rookie jersey and add value to it. this makes him a liar at best and a fraud at worst.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ead.php?t=8496

gross negligence and lying do not qualify as "mistakes". they qualify as gross negligence and lying.

"Anyway, I was told by someone in another avenue of the sports memorabilia industry other than game used that they miss my posts on Game Used Universe. This person, one of the top dogs in the sports memorabilia industry who has never posted on this discussion group, told me they enjoyed reading my honest, fair and politically correct views and they missed them."

yeah. i was once emailed by the son of an imprisoned nigerian dictator who requested my help in transferring $10 million out of his father's account. imagine that..ME..helping a real dictator! and becoming rich in the process!

"Another day in the life..."

indeed. you with your fans and me with my nigerian millions.

rudy.

Hi Joel,

It's good to see you back in the Forum. I will at least give you credit for two things - you sign your full name and give contact information each time you post, and you tend to follow the Forum Rules. I wish that everyone else in the Forum would do the same.

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange
    gixc@verizon.net

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kingjammy24 View Post
    i know i risk my own sanity by responding to one of your posts joel but here goes..

"Lou Lampson is not looking to commit fraud with his authentications."

ok good! phew. glad we finally resolved that! while we're at it, can you also ask those clairvoyant folks who really shot jfk? it's been on my mind for awhile and i'd love to finally know. because if lou were looking to commit fraud he'd obviously inform others of his real intentions. he'd probably even work it into his introductions. "hi i'm lou lampson. i have 8000 photos and i like to commit fraud".

lou authenticated this cano/phillips/johnson jersey and stated that no other players had worn #14 in 2005. in fact, 2 other players had worn #14 in 2005. 1) lou, as the paid professional authenticator, didn't check a roster. this equates to gross negligence at best. fraud at worst. 2) he then made up a story about how cano was the only one to wear #14, which he wasn't, in order to make the jersey a cano rookie jersey and add value to it. this makes him a liar at best and a fraud at worst.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ead.php?t=8496

gross negligence and lying do not qualify as "mistakes". they qualify as gross negligence and lying.

"Anyway, I was told by someone in another avenue of the sports memorabilia industry other than game used that they miss my posts on Game Used Universe. This person, one of the top dogs in the sports memorabilia industry who has never posted on this discussion group, told me they enjoyed reading my honest, fair and politically correct views and they missed them."

yeah. i was once emailed by the son of an imprisoned nigerian dictator who requested my help in transferring $10 million out of his father's account. imagine that..ME..helping a real dictator! and becoming rich in the process!

"Another day in the life..."

indeed. you with your fans and me with my nigerian millions.

rudy.
    Rudy, what does the $10,000,000 email have to do with anything and you bring up two situations that you had issues. I do not know all the details and I can tell you, I do not know much, but the truth is some of the top brass in this industry told me their feelings and since they have known Lou Lampson on a personal basis I posted their thoughts.

You can bring up a few situations, you can bring up exact details that Lou Lampson may have written or signed a letter of authenticity-opinion for, but if you wish to continue to state that someone is committing fraud, I think you need to do some more research or have the US Government investigate it because your accusations of fraud (and not neglect) are not proved without proof that you cannot provide.

I think when the US Goverment is finished investigating Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens and Miguel Tejada, they may have time to look into your concerns. I find it funny that Congress and the FBI is spending time investigating drug users, not drug dealers while our children are being taken from us in a country on the other side of the world.

So, what are you going to do with your millions or were you just making a joke? If so, I don't know what it had to do with my comments.

Quote Originally Posted by G1X View Post
    Hi Joel,

It's good to see you back in the Forum. I will at least give you credit for two things - you sign your full name and give contact information each time you post, and you tend to follow the Forum Rules. I wish that everyone else in the Forum would do the same.

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange
    gixc@verizon.net
    Mark, thanks for the recognition that I am real, and like yourself, I fully identify myself when making any comments about anything in the industry. Full name and email address in every email. I stand behind all comments (unless edited by a moderator) 100% as being from me and I will gladly discuss anything via email in an adult manner.

Sometimes people forget, this is a discussion group. Sort of like the decisions Americans are going to have to make in an election later this year. Some views you will agree, some you will not like, but give everyone credit for having unique views.

Quote Originally Posted by kingjammy24 View Post

rudy.
    Rudy - Absolutely. Someone who doesn't hold themselves out as an expert calls it wrong once and you may call it a mistake. When it happens, over and over and over and you are paid for your opinion as an expert---can it really be a mistake time and time again?

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    I have to admit, I prepared myself to ask the question on the panel of Lou Lampson:

"Lou, I would like to know your system that has your signing letters of authenticity for items in major auction houses, but you as an authenticator has no way for the public to contact you. I have found that there is no public phone numbers listed for your authentication, and not even an email address or web site to offer this service. I ask this question as it has been brought to my attention that people in the industry would often like to contact you to discuss how you decided your grade of authentic for certain items."
    Joel - A shame you didn't get to ask your question of Mr. Lampson. I wonder if you had made it to the event what Mr. Lampson would have done with your question.

Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    info@allstarsplus.com
    202-716-8500