Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Fake Roberto Clemente Pirates GU cap

At the same time as a questionable Pirates Clemente batting helmet was sold on ebay, here's the info on the fake Clemente Pirates game used cap sold by tim_455qkf or Lin Griffin on ebay in March.
    Check his ebay listing #160217443436 for a supposedly game worn Roberto Clemente Pirates cap. He has a story about this coming from a Pittsubugh postmaster.
    But he just recently bought an unused PRO KM 1970's cap on ebay and this is the same cap! You can still see this listing on ebay also. It's number 370021998695.
    The cap he bought was a size 7 1/2. He's scratched out the "2" in the size since a 7 1/2 would be too big. He cracked the bill and beat it up to make it look used.
    But where he gets nailed on this one is the closeup picture of the stamped KM Pro logo on the inside band. Check the circular thread coming out of the leather band. The same thread is there in the picture when he bought the hat and sold the hat!
    It'd be hard to say they made all their hats with this thread sticking out in the same place!
    I contacted ebay, but it appears it was too late for them to stop the auction. I feel bad for the buyer, but can't contact them, since the seller used a private listing.

Re: Fake Roberto Clemente Pirates GU cap

your post deserves photos....

ORIGINAL LISTING:

SECOND TIME AROUND:

robert

Husker:

Nice work. That's sad. Nice photos Robert. Looks like he washed and dried the hat in his maytag many times in that month between listings.

That private listing thing that ebay came up with is the worst thing I've ever heard of. All it does is fuel fraud and criminal activity.
    Always looking for Atlanta Braves Game-Used items. hiramman@bellsouth.net

I did some searching of my own and I found the buyer here is the ebay user name of the buyer ddrproductions