Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Pujols Jersey in GUU Auction

Rob, looks like you have plenty of available display space. Just get rid of all that Cubs crap and you'll have lots of room for more Cardinals memorabilia.

Hi Dave--

I just read this thresd and want to note that I consigned one item to the GUU Auction -- Lot # 14 -- J.R. Williamson Game Used 1968 Boston Patriots (American Football League) Jersey which has been in my personal collection since I purchased it from Murf Denny in the 1980's. I only authenticate baseball bats on the GUU site, and had no part in the authentication of this football jersey.

Mike Specht Jackitout7@aol.com

rob & chris c: great! i wish the other auction houses were so quick and forthcoming with such information.

mike specht: mike, are you trying to rock the boat or something? get with the times! start authenticating your own items. come up with your own grading system (i recommend calling it "specht-o-meter") and give that puppy an "S10"! how else do you expect to maximize that flip?

rudy.

Chris,

Are there any other items owned and bought by you or other members of game used universe that are in the aution?

Thanks,
    Dave

I never get tired of looking at Rob's collection. i have the files and saved on my desktop, i have shown so many people and say that "maybe some day" I can have a display like this.

Also, my 2 cents, i have never bought or sold, or even met Rob, but he is one if the nicest most honest people i have spoken/emailed with. I see nothing wrong with him buying/selling/consigning on here.....if anything i would bid more knowing it came from him....my 2 cents, maybe 3.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by CollectGU View Post
    Chris,

Are there any other items owned and bought by you or other members of game used universe that are in the aution?

Thanks,
    Dave
    Hello Dave,

There are also six items I personally consigned to this auction (they are not high profile items and are intended to offer something to collectors without big money). They are: the Dave Kingman bat, the Jose Canseco bat, the Dave Parker bat, the Ron Cey bat, the Chet Lemon bat and the John Halama glove. I will be adding the statements to all the items tonight.

As for the ownership of Game Used Universe, right now I am the principle owner. The only other party currently who has contributed money for a very small equity stake in GUU is our technology director who has nothing to do at all with the hobby side of the business. He simply saw our business model and wanted to invest.

Sincerely,
    Chris