Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: Why Not An Internet Panel Discussion? Dave? Chris?

It is called obsfucation (correct me if I am wrong ) ......

They are trying to make it seem like us collectors on GUU are full of sh*t ......

That our questions and concerns don't have a leg to stand on......

An internet Q & A would be great ......

If they truly care about the hobby instead of the dollar !

I think that format would be detrimental to their business ventures cause it would allow most of us collectors an avenue to easily voice concerns and legitimate questions ......and they know this .....

Then all would know who is truly full of sh*t......

Maybe they should try politics for a living , then they could lie , steal , cheat and fit right in with the rest of them , business as usual .....

How many people here on GUU can afford to just hop on a plane and stay wherever to ask questions to some self-called experts ,when you won't get a straight answer anyways..........
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

unless we'll be to busy at work, I will be at the National in Chiago and will ask Lampson questions..if he's there

maybe I'll bring a recorder and see if I can do some sort of an informal interview and post it

a few points:

- nerat and bushing were apparently surprised that many didn't fly out to chicago for the pleasure of asking taube, bushing, and lampson some questions. that is, they were surprised that individuals with jobs, lives, and families didn't spend several hundred dollars in airfare and hotel costs simply so they could try to get a couple of questions past a moderator to lampson about a green ripken jersey. i'm surprised they find this surprising.

"hey honey, great news. i spent $600 of our vacation money but i finally got to ask lou lampson about the green ripken!"

"you what?!..geezus, i hope it was worth it. well what did lou say? what was his $600 answer?"

"he said he'd have to check his records and get back to me"

- the idea of a web-based panel q&a seems obvious. however, in terms of asking taube or bushing questions, it hardly seems necessary. both taube and bushing seem to respond to email and phone calls. i could email any question to either of them right now and likely have a response within 24 hrs. the real catch was lampson. good luck getting lampson to agree to such a thing. a lampson web q&a would be the thing. you can have a bushing or taube email q&a any day of the week.

- i'm a little surprised by bushing's stated desire for some tough questions. every time someone's posed one on this forum, he seemed to go into a foamy-mouthed rage on the mears forum, spewing out nonsensical missives about people hiding behing computers and vendettas. from his previous reactions, it didn't seem as if he enjoyed the tough questions. now he's complaining he didn't get any? the last tough question he got about the krausse jersey practically made him combust. chris nerat, in his PCCE report, wrote that "Dave Hunt..asked what was probably the toughest question of the day; he asked each member to tell the crowd what one item they misauthenticated that they wish they had a another crack at, but unfortunately none of the members really answered the question with any specific detail." i'm not sure how accurate chris' report is but if it's true, then why is bushing lamenting a lack of tough questions when he was apparently unable to answer the one tough question that was asked? noone answered that question with any specific detail? bushing didn't launch into his woeful tale of the dimaggio glove? or the seaver glove? how about the clemens astros jersey with the wrong numbers on the back?

rudy.