Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Got a nice piece of history last night....

Quote Originally Posted by sylbry View Post
    You need to pull your head out.

Kyle's question is what is the ball worth. Howard asked a very legit question asking if Kyle has proof, something that will determine the value of the ball.

+1 on that! Why is it that people who are here for a month are always starting trash talk? Howard asked a legit question that will add to determining the value of the ball.

Hey Kyle,

BTW - The Twins Pro Shop was selling Frank Thomas 500 HR game used balls for $150 last year.
    Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
    +1 on that! Why is it that people who are here for a month are always starting trash talk? Howard asked a legit question that will add to determining the value of the ball.
    Take it with a grain of salt. This is the same member who can't even understand what a basic "photo match" is (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?p=78580#post78580), let alone possibly try to comprehend what we're discussing on this thread.

Kyle asked for a value on this rare ball, and with some type supporting documentation, a value can be derived.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

kyle,

nice acquisition. you never seize to amaze me what a great collection you have at your young age. its not only a game used ball like they sell on mlb.com for milestone games but an actual strikeout ball. wouldnt be surprised if the camera man filmed you receiving the ball.

you ask a good question. how much is another ball worth from a milestone game of a future hall of famer.

i agree on getting it autographed. arod signed balls from his 500 HR game went for 3-4K each time sold.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

One thing to remember, more and more teams are selling game used balls with MLB authentication, making it easier to establish a value and also easier to resell. This ball has nothing on it that establishes that it is from that game/play. I would think that it would have greater sentimental value than $ value.
    A side story similar to this is a friend of mine caught a milestone HR from david Ortiz. He asked me what I thought it would get on the open market. In my opinion, it lost most of its monitary value when it left the park w/o being authenticated or confirmed that it was indeed the ball that Ortiz hit.
    Kelly
    kelsport@hotmail.com

I got a lineup card that the Blue Jays typed up as well as a ball Frank Thomas struck out on from his 500th HR game. They're both authenticated and staying in my collection for sure!

Ultimate Collector of Darin Erstad, Nick Blackburn, Michael Restovich, and Twins Game Used Jerseys

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hblakewolf View Post
    Take it with a grain of salt. This is the same member who can't even understand what a basic "photo match" is (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?p=78580#post78580), let alone possibly try to comprehend what we're discussing on this thread.

Kyle asked for a value on this rare ball, and with some type supporting documentation, a value can be derived.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net
    Not only did I prove the photomatch . I was able to get in touch with Mrs. Williams and see also agreed that the jersey did belong to her.

I would take a stab that with the video and a noterized letter from Kyle that the ball is what it is.......around $200 at auction.

Worth much more to you personally Im sure.

Nice work!

Great ball Kyle! Another sweet addition to your collection!

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdale View Post
    I guess I should have added in my post, I got a little piece of history last night too.....magglio ordonez got his 1000th RBI (& 250th Home run). I just got his authenticated hat he wore during the game (I had to buy this though), cool piece though.

you beat me to that cap !! i got home and read the emal but was too late. very good price for it. i'm picking up a Maybin home jersey from last year tomm.