Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Banned

Re: Got a nice piece of history last night....

Kyle here is your best bet I would call the Baseball clubs corporate office ask for possibly the PR department and explain to them what you have and that you have pictures and possibly MLB video of you recieving this actual ball and they might help you with an LOA for the ball or even direct you in a way to be able to get it signed by the player.

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    Kyle here is your best bet I would call the Baseball clubs corporate office ask for possibly the PR department and explain to them what you have and that you have pictures and possibly MLB video of you recieving this actual ball and they might help you with an LOA for the ball or even direct you in a way to be able to get it signed by the player.

...or maybe Smoltz wants it back. If that's the case, maybe you can negotiate for something with an LOA. Just don't be smarmy about it...

If nothing else, Kyle, search for photos of the game with you in it, and keep the thing for the next generation. You will always feel crappy if you sell it and get less than you wanted. If you need to sell something, get rid of those dreadful, fungus infested shower shoes that you have on your wall...
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[quote=bigtruck260;81583 Just don't be smarmy about it...

[/quote]

I had to look that one up....never heard that word before!

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
    I had to look that one up....never heard that word before!
    Hey, Kyle should be in college (or working ) this year...always pays to have a vocabulary:

smarmy
    adjectiveunpleasantly and excessively suave or ingratiating in manner or speech; "buttery praise"; "gave him a fulsome introduction"; "an oily sycophantic press agent"; "oleaginous hypocrisy"; "smarmy self-importance"; "the unctuous Uriah Heep"; "soapy compliments" [syn: buttery]
    WordNet® 3.0, © 2006 by Princeton University.
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by bigtruck260 View Post
    Hey, Kyle should be in college (or working ) this year...always pays to have a vocabulary:

smarmy
    adjectiveunpleasantly and excessively suave or ingratiating in manner or speech; "buttery praise"; "gave him a fulsome introduction"; "an oily sycophantic press agent"; "oleaginous hypocrisy"; "smarmy self-importance"; "the unctuous Uriah Heep"; "soapy compliments" [syn: buttery]
    WordNet® 3.0, © 2006 by Princeton University.

Not in college until October but "smarmy" also got me confused

Kyle what inning was it and where were you siting???? BTW great snag..

Quote Originally Posted by dcrules01 View Post
    Kyle what inning was it and where were you siting???? BTW great snag..

I think it was the 7th but I'm not 100% certain.....I was sitting in the first few rows above the dugout. I never really have a "seat" at the dugout though....I normally sit in a different seat every few innings. Every game I get dollar-seats and just sneak down....done it for 7 straight games this season

I've wondered about this... What do you do if you caught a HR ball, or in Kyle's case were tossed a ball from a significant event?? How do you get it authenticated at the park? Are there people on staff that can do this?? Do you approach an usher?? I'd like to know, just in case Im ever lucky enough to be in that position.

Quote Originally Posted by GoTigers View Post
    I've wondered about this... What do you do if you caught a HR ball, or in Kyle's case were tossed a ball from a significant event?? How do you get it authenticated at the park? Are there people on staff that can do this?? Do you approach an usher?? I'd like to know, just in case Im ever lucky enough to be in that position.

I really don't think anybody at the stadium would do anything to authenticate it. The ushers especially.....they don't even know what it is. I went inside the Braves store at Turner Field and asked if they had any game worn jerseys,,,after repeating myself FOUR times, the guy acted like he understood me and brought me to the other end of the store where they had brand new authentic jerseys. It took me another minute to explain to him that I was looking for the jerseys worn by the players, not the same-style ones worn by the players. Almost everybody that works there is like that.

Maybe you should fill out an application It was the 7th and they panned on Smoltz at the end of the inning...