Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Got a nice piece of history last night....

Yesterday Smoltz got his 3,000th strikeout and I was in attendance. I was able to aquire the final ball Smoltz pitched for the night, which was his 3,006th strikeout. Anybody have an idea of what it might be worth? I'm not good with values when it comes to baseballs.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: Got a nice piece of history last night....

great website kyle!i i especially like the video of you snagging the foul ball, you're a natural. btw, where does a young guy your age get the $$$ to put together such a nice collection - heck, i don't think i ever had more than $40 in my pocket when i was your age! again, great website and collection!
    robert

Quote Originally Posted by aeneas01 View Post
    great website kyle!i i especially like the video of you snagging the foul ball, you're a natural. btw, where does a young guy your age get the $$$ to put together such a nice collection - heck, i don't think i ever had more than $40 in my pocket when i was your age! again, great website and collection!
    I'm 15 I get my money for my collection from birthday christmas easter yardwork and some other small jobs I will be getting my first job when I turn 16 in a month.

PS kyle I love the WBC jersey you have

wow!!! very impressive......as nice stuff & as organized as I've seen!!!

Banned

Wow cool piece. Why dont you get Smoltz to sign it with the inscription.

I guess I should have added in my post, I got a little piece of history last night too.....magglio ordonez got his 1000th RBI (& 250th Home run). I just got his authenticated hat he wore during the game (I had to buy this though), cool piece though.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kylehess10 View Post
    Yesterday Smoltz got his 3,000th strikeout and I was in attendance. I was able to aquire the final ball Smoltz pitched for the night, which was his 3,006th strikeout. Anybody have an idea of what it might be worth? I'm not good with values when it comes to baseballs.
    Kyle-
    Quite often, balls from a significant event in a players’ career are accompanied with some type of LOA from the player himself, a team employee or agent. It not only assists in establishing authenticity, but also proves extremely important in the event you decide to sell it.

In this case, do you have any type of LOA or validation to definitively prove it’s from Smoltz’s 3006 K?

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hblakewolf View Post
    Kyle-
    Quite often, balls from a significant event in a players’ career are accompanied with some type of LOA from the player himself, a team employee or agent. It not only assists in establishing authenticity, but also proves extremely important in the event you decide to sell it.

In this case, do you have any type of LOA or validation to definitively prove it’s from Smoltz’s 3006 K?

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net
    WOW Why can you ever just keep quite. The guy is not selling it to you are anyone else here. It seems like he got an amazing piece but like always you come in here with your big mouth. Kyle I hope you do have proof so he can just shut up that's the only way he goes to another thread and tries to find something else wrong with a piece.

Quote Originally Posted by hblakewolf View Post
    Kyle-

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Thanks everyone!!

Howard-

Well all I have is my ticket to the game, about 300 pictures from the game, and I got the ball from Brian McCann immediately after the strikeout so maybe from game footage (MLB.tv) you could see him throwing the ball to me.

Quote Originally Posted by platinum1 View Post
    WOW Why can you ever just keep quite. The guy is not selling it to you are anyone else here. It seems like he got an amazing piece but like always you come in here with your big mouth. Kyle I hope you do have proof so he can just shut up that's the only way he goes to another thread and tries to find something else wrong with a piece.
    You need to pull your head out.

Kyle's question is what is the ball worth. Howard asked a very legit question asking if Kyle has proof, something that will determine the value of the ball.
    Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.