Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thread: Is this a joke?

Is this a joke?

Can he really be serious about this? I know this guy had a bad rep but wow, talk about taking us for idiots!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Carolina-Panther...QQcmdZViewItem

Banned

Re: Is this a joke?

Certainly looks like standard authentic retail tagging to me.

wow, if thats the case i have a ray lewis ,ed reed ,kyle boller, and peter boulware jerseys that are game used i played football last weekend i should see if he wants to buy them used by me

This is so blatantly obvious it is insulting! How does the seller stay in business and better yet, why is the seller even allowed to get away with something like this?

Banned

Guys please excuse me as I am not a Football guy but aren't linebackers the ones who go through the most physical abuse during the game hence the title (Linebacker) - meaning they hold the line.
    My point is if this is a used jersey and according to this players stats, this player plays a lot shouldn't it show some heavy wear??? especially looking at the Numbers they look pristine white. Wouldn't there be some abrasions on the numbers/discoloration???

I am asking this besides the tags being retail.

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    Guys please excuse me as I am not a Football guy but aren't linebackers the ones who go through the most physical abuse during the game hence the title (Linebacker) - meaning they hold the line.
    My point is if this is a used jersey and according to this players stats, this player plays a lot shouldn't it show some heavy wear??? especially looking at the Numbers they look pristine white. Wouldn't there be some abrasions on the numbers/discoloration???

I am asking this besides the tags being retail.
    It is retail tagging. There is no wear. I think you'd have an impossibe time finding an NFL LB who wears a size FIFTY SIX!!!???!!! Like I said...this is an insult to even novice collectors and in my mind is a crime.

this is the same guy that listed the "game used" franco harris lid which was nothing more than a knockoff, a decent reproduction...
    robert

With a beginning bid price of .99, $6 shipping and no Reserve, I'm thinking it would be justice if his auction only had one bidder.

Yes, same seller. Broadway Rick...

How sad, this item actually has bidders. I inquired about the provenance, wear, authentication, etc... and of course no reply. Too bad there is nothing we can do to end this kind of criminal activity. This seller has been in business for a while so he obviously has a customer base and is making money. These are the scenarios that sap the fun out of the hobby and fuel the auction house craze with their so-called authenticators because collectors want that piece of mind with the big name auction house and accompanying COA's, no matter how much folks here claim neither means anything to them.