Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Joe Torre LA Dodgers Jackie Robinson Day Game Worn Jersey!

It's been a while since I've posted here as I've been busy trying to keep my head above water....

However, I just brought home to the roost Joe Torre's Jackie Robinson Game Used Jersey that I obtained from a Dodger Charity Auction!!!

I will post some pic's tomorrow...

I just missed getting a Chin Lung Hu 2007 St. Patrick's Day Green Jersey at the same auction, but the gavel hit as I was writing in my bid....grrrr...

The Torre Jersey is only the second Jersey Dodgers Jersey that has been made available to the public with the other being the one he wore during the Coliseum game against the Red Sox.

Suffice it to say. I real stoked about getting it as Joe is one the classiest guys in baseball.
    Always looking for Dodger Game Used Jerseys

Re: Joe Torre LA Dodgers Jackie Robinson Day Game Worn Jersey!

Congratulations Jim! That sounds like a great piece. I am happy you could acquire something that could bring you that much joy.
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

Any Joe Torre jersey would be great to add to a collection. However, a Torre Jackie Robinson Day Dodgers jersey is incredible! Maybe I am biased becaused I am a Dodgers and Jackie Robinson fan, but that is one heck of a jersey! Congrats! Even the Coliseum Torre is a great Dodgers association piece for whoever was the lucky person to get that jersey.

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com

Chris:

Yes, it brought goose bumps to me on a warm night at the Ravine! Joe has been one of my favorites as both a player and manager. It pleases me to no end that he's a Los Angeles Dodger!
    Attached Images Attached Images     

That's a beauty! I love the Property of the Dodgers tag at the bottom...I know the Twins don't have "property of..." tags. We just have Size Number Year tags on the bottom. Do other teams besides the Dodgers have those?
    Ultimate Collector of Darin Erstad, Nick Blackburn, Michael Restovich, and Twins Game Used Jerseys

Quote Originally Posted by twinsbb17 View Post
    That's a beauty! I love the Property of the Dodgers tag at the bottom...I know the Twins don't have "property of..." tags. We just have Size Number Year tags on the bottom. Do other teams besides the Dodgers have those?
    The Cincinnati Reds have that same tag. Not sure of any other teams. Sweet pick up Big Jim. We should be seeing some of these game worn #42 jerseys showing up on MLB.com auctions soon I would think. That is where most were sold last year.

Quote Originally Posted by indyred View Post
    The Cincinnati Reds have that same tag. Not sure of any other teams. Sweet pick up Big Jim. We should be seeing some of these game worn #42 jerseys showing up on MLB.com auctions soon I would think. That is where most were sold last year.
    No, as they are being sold only via the Dodgers Dream Foundation Silent Auctions throughout the season. They did do the Colesium Game Jersey's via MLB however.

I wouldn't be surprised if some do show up on the secondary market. If one does show up outside of the Dodgers organization, be sure to get the 8x10 certificate that comes with it directly from the Dodgers. I'm not going to publish a picture of what they look like at this time as it would be too easy to forge.

Yes, I'm still pinching myself on this one!

What is really cool, is that the Dodger Fans have welcomed Joe with the most open of arms and even with the slower out of the gate start that the Dodgers have shown so far, the fans have been directing their venom elsewhere....poor Andruw.....

Because it's for charity and all...here's the Silent Auction Schedule for the the rest of the season:

http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/la...ntauctions.jsp

I would like to point out that there is always many autographed items as well as other memorablia for all collectors and fans alike.

Jim,Thanks for the info!
    I will be there for a few of those auctions.
    I won one of those jerseys vs the redsox with the "Think Cure" patch
    not a player but a bullpen coach's jersey.

Rudy

Quote Originally Posted by dodgersfan View Post
    Jim,Thanks for the info!
    I will be there for a few of those auctions.
    I won one of those jerseys vs the redsox with the "Think Cure" patch
    not a player but a bullpen coach's jersey.

Rudy
    Still very cool because it's going to Charity....a major portion of my collection is the Dodger Charity Jersey's as it's a win/win for all.

I probably caused some competition for me, but at the end of the day it's about giving and not taking....