Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Joe Torre LA Dodgers Jackie Robinson Day Game Worn Jersey!

Do you have to be there to bid? Or can we call them and just put in our maximum bid? I see one jersey I want!

Brian B

Quote Originally Posted by brianborsch View Post
    Do you have to be there to bid? Or can we call them and just put in our maximum bid? I see one jersey I want!

Brian B
    Good question, I would think that being a Silent Auction that you have to be present as it closes at a specified time.

Brian, I had a nice talk with Delwyn (Young) and I get the feeling that he will be seeing more playing time other than being a pinch hitter in the Torre scheme of things.
    Always looking for Dodger Game Used Jerseys

Hey Jim,

Thats precisely who I am interested in. I managed to pickup his jersey worn during the Opening day series against the Giants. It should be the same jersey he wore when he smacked his 1st career game winning walk-off single to bring in Raffy Furcal. It cost more than I expected, but it should be sweet.

I am glad he will be getting more playing time. I believe he has already proven himself and his attitude is simply fantastic! He has a natural feel and love for the game. Not to mention Vin Scully seems to adore the kid! Every video clip has Vin saying: "This kid can hit." Great stuff!

Did anybody on the Forum get the Matt Kemp as I would like to see a pic of that jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    Did anybody on the Forum get the Matt Kemp as I would like to see a pic of that jersey.
    I didn't get to Sunday's game and so far the only one's I saw were Loiza's and Torre's....I can't tell if they washed them or not...however the other ones that I've seen (shirt off the back, etc) that are gamers usually don't get washed and have the smootz still on them.

The opening bid on them will be $400.00. I don't think all of them will sell as I know the Loiza Jersey didn't and I would think at some point Steiner of MLB will work the magic with them.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjimsguitars View Post
    Because it's for charity and all...here's the Silent Auction Schedule for the the rest of the season:

http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/la...ntauctions.jsp

I would like to point out that there is always many autographed items as well as other memorablia for all collectors and fans alike.
    Can you find me that schedule for the Phillies?

Quote Originally Posted by bubbrubb25 View Post
    Can you find me that schedule for the Phillies?
    August 12, 2008

It's not scheduled to have any of the Robinson Day Jersey's, but I'm sure there will be some good stuff on tap.....

I`m sorry, but, I live in NJ and would like to bid on one of these jerseys from the Dodgers. I know it`s a silent auction ,but, is there someone I could contact, maybe from the Dodgers. I would really like to bid. Any info would be a great help. Thanks.

Jim,

Great Torre jersey! Nice that it's autographed and has the handwritten Torre 6 on the tagging. There no doubt that Joe wore that one!

Enjoy!
    David

Quote Originally Posted by metsbats View Post
    Jim,

Great Torre jersey! Nice that it's autographed and has the handwritten Torre 6 on the tagging. There no doubt that Joe wore that one!

Enjoy!
    David
    The contact person with the Dodgers is David Brennan and his Number is (323) 224-1413. He's the guy who runs the show with the Dream Foundation Auctions. I have no association with him (other than having bought many items over the last few years), but it's for charity (remind him of that) and I bet he will allow proxy bids.

Let him know that Ernest Mead (my real name is Ernest) spilled the beans. I'm sure he will either thank me or ban me, lol.

I hope you guys get some of the spoils.

Best of luck,
    Jim