Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Odd Piece in Your Collection

What's the single most unusual piece you have in your game-used collection? Somewhere in my boxes of things, I have a game-used Ron Guidry rosin bag. I keep it in another bag because it gets rosin on stuff (imagine that!!).

Re: Odd Piece in Your Collection

I have an infield rake from Forbes Field. I like it but am not planning to develop a rake collection.

Not exactly game used, but I have a construction company contract signed by former Phillies Whiz Kid Granny Hamner and his wife to have their home built in Richmond, Va in the 50's.

Used but not game used. I once had Ted Williams' WWII-era bag of toiletries-- hairbrush (with black hair), comb, glass shampoo bottle (with shampoo still inside!), shoe horn, chapstick, chrome soap holder (with soap scum), etc. The owner of a janitorial services company bought the soap holder to display on his office desk.

I also once had a beer coaster (bar used?) that belonged to HOFer football coach Weeb Ewebanks. I had bought a bunch of his personal effects and that was the oddest in the lot.

I have two different un-used french fry bags from "Broadway Joe's"...Namath's very short lived fast food place in Florida

I recently picked up 2002 Thome Big league Challenge uniform, which included a pair of event used batting gloves. I was looking inside the gloves for the holograms from the LOA. I looked inside the right glove, and there was a used band aid inside. It was stuck in it. No, I didn't pull it out. he must of had a blister, or cut during the event. The other thing I picked up was a piece of Bazooka gum. He had it in his back pocket during BP in Baltimore. He tossed it out, and it landed on the wall behind home plate. I snatched it up for the collection. Yes, it was unopened. Still pretty neat though.
    Roger Ward- Thomecollector
    thomecollector@verizon.net

Although I don't own them, Ty Cobb's dentures has to be one of the oddest pieces out there. Who knows, depending on how old he was when he got them, they could be game used.
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

While we're on the subject of Cobb...the oddest piece in my collection is probably Ty Cobb's vest pocket New Testament Bible, which originated from Al Stump. This piece is very special to me personally, as it was recently used for the readings at the funeral of a very close friend of ours (who was a huge baseball fan).

Keep those oddball pieces coming...

Best,

Rob

The infamous Carlos Guillen shower sandle!!:

Quote Originally Posted by kylehess10 View Post
    The infamous Carlos Guillen shower sandle!!:

Kyle when you bought that did you only get one? Or a set?