Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: May pickups

May pickups

Time for a new "recent pickups" thread. Just got this David Binn helmet today.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Re: May pickups

dr j
    i picked up a chargers helmet to it is a malcolm floyd the helmet is cracked but does not have nfl logo i can see out line is it common for chargers to take them off . im just going to take on off an older helmet i have or buy one on ebay at least im not the only one

orioles03 - I don't know that I would call it common, but this isn't the first helmet I've gotten with a shield that was removed but with a visible outline remaining (which gives me comfort). This helmet also has the little number squares that the Chargers use on the chinstrap removed (again with outline remaining), none of which is a big deal to me - I just needed the style for my collection and trust my knowledge and the source. Thanks for sharing your info.

Quote Originally Posted by DrJ View Post
    orioles03 - I don't know that I would call it common, but this isn't the first helmet I've gotten with a shield that was removed but with a visible outline remaining (which gives me comfort). This helmet also has the little number squares that the Chargers use on the chinstrap removed (again with outline remaining), none of which is a big deal to me - I just needed the style for my collection and trust my knowledge and the source. Thanks for sharing your info.
    my chin strap was an adams chinstrap but riddell was printed overtop of the adams also there is a #80 written on the inside and 02-07 under the padding .the helmet is cracked on the top looks like he got mad and threw it it also looks like the outline of the #21 sean taylor decal it looks like these helmets scratch up easy there is a scratch on the earhole with grass stains inside the scratch it is an awesome helmet but first nfl i havee ever seen cracked but from working on the visitors sidlines at ravens game it would not be to hard to realize how they crack helmets it would have to be thrown pretty hard it also make me feel better

orioles03 - yeah, the pictures don't show it, but this helmet is all scratched up to. Small pieces of logo, flag, facemask have also been knocked off from contact. The metallic paint is "cracked" on the front, which makes sense from a long-snapper getting hit the way he would and one of the shock blockers is cracked too - like yours, it is an awesome helmet. Above the right earhole 50 is written as well (kind of under the pads). Don't know if you can see in the pictures, but this also has the mouth-piece still attached to the mask. Look at Getty Images and you'll see a good Binn picture with "possibly" this helmet (same style mask, mouth-piece, etc). The Taylor memorial is gone here too, but that doesn't surprise me because I heard (on TV I think) as the season went on it was optional and some players kept it on and some took it off (except the Redskins). Post pictures of yours if you get a chance.

I picked up my first Jay Bruce bat, it is a 2007 Louisville Slugger. Have to give credit to Tim of Hall of Fame Bats. Couldn't ask for a better seller and communication.
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

AWA... I agree... Tim is first class all the way
    Bert
    ---------------

Always looking for Matt Wieters, Tettleton, and that Orioles magic

shoremen44@gmail.com

I picked up the following on Ebay.

- 58-60 Adirondack Gil Hodges signature model pro model bat (123S) S for the 33" smaller sized bat. Not a real gamer as Hodges used bats greater than 33" during his career. I think I did find a style match on the bat on Hodges offical website with this photo of Gil posing with a white letter adirondack.

- 1984 Howard Johnson post season bat. This is a model 381B with HOJo's initials HJ stamped under the model numbers. Adirondack post season (playoff and WS bats) from the early 80's are known to have the players initial stamped under the model number instead of the typical lot and year code. Nice Vintage HOJO signature and dated 12/28/1984!

David

Just picked up this 2007 Rockies gamer of former Florida Gator Ryan Shealy from jerseys2003 on Ebay. Has an MLB hologram. Jersey is huge - size 54! Shealy is listed at 6'5" 240 pounds.

Correction - The Shealy jersey is 2005.