Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Anyone know of a good minor league photo site?

Hi guys,
    I just traded for a 2001 Justin Morneau GU Quad City River Bandits grey away jersey. Does anyone know of a site that may have photos of him wearing this jersey? I have only been able to locate a photo with a home white jersey. Thanks for any help.

Mike

Re: Anyone know of a good minor league photo site?

Have you tried contacting the club directly? Another suggestion would be to either contact the local newspaper or to look on eBay for programs from '01 or '02 (which may show him).

Thanks for the tips. I contacted the local newspaper this am and hopfully, will be hearing back. I'll try the team today too. Anyone else have any other suggestions, websites, etc.? Thanks.

Mike

Reach out to justminors.com. They make the minor league cards. See if their photograhers can help you.

Thanks Vintage,
    I did check with Just Minors. Unfortunately, they didn't switch over to digital until after that period. Therefore, they don't have any photos stored from 2001. Thanks again everyone for the help. Hopefully, the team will call me back and come through.

Mike

Well, I can recommend that you check this site. It will put you in touch with the QC Times. That is the paper in Davenport.

http://pictopia.com/perl/gal?provider_id=503

Hopefully the team will be able to help you out. However, new management and ownership just took over this season. That might make it a bit difficult. I know they have had issues with the organization habits of the previous staff.

I wish I could help you on that particular era. However, I was just beginning to get back into Quad City games. I don't have any of those jerseys or photos of that era. The team didn't market those particular jerseys quite as strong as they have since or even as strong as they did the previous version of Bandit jerseys. You might want to check some of the papers from visiting clubs. The Bandits were flooded out for much of that season. Especially since you are looking for a road photo.

I did run across this recent listing for a River Bandits jersey. I would have certainly paid more, but was gone when the auction ended. I knew I should have set my snipe : (

http://cgi.ebay.com/Quad-City-River-...QQcmdZViewItem
    "We need rebirth of the American tradition of leadership ... in private life as well." "'Trust me' government asks that we concentrate our hopes and dreams on one man; that we trust him to do what's best for us. My view of government places trust not in one person or one party, but in those values that transcend persons and parties. The trust is where it belongs--in the people." - Ronald Reagan"

http://www.freewebs.com/chrishwish/

Have you tried contacting www.justinmorneau.com? They used to have photos of some of his minor league game used jerseys on the website. They may have either info on the jersey or a photo from his Quad Cities days.
    Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.

Sylbry,
    Thanks for the response. Yeah, I contacted Shaun at JM.com. He only has the 2001 card, which shows him in his home white. Thanks again.

Mike