Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

OT - Cool Little League Action Photos

Hey all,

Way off topic here, but I had a couple of cool photos given to me of my daughter playing on her Little League team. She is only girl in the league and is playing in the Minor A division. Let's see your photos!!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Re: OT - Cool Little League Action Photos

Great batting form!!

That is so cool Rob. My son had his first t-ball game this weekend. Very neat stuff.
    Scott Harpt
    scott_harpt at yahoo dot com
    Always seeking Cecil Cooper, Ben Oglivie, and Gorman Thomas

Great photos! How old is your daughter? That's awesome that she's playing baseball. I wish that there were girls baseball, because as a female, I think of softball as kind of an insult. Why should girls have to throw underhanded?

Way to go! Keep encouraging your daughter! Nice uniforms, BTW!

-Leslie
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Thanks. My daughter is 8 years old. She refuses to play softball for the very reasons that Leslie mentioned, pitching underhand is not baseball. She is having a great time, went 4-4 on Saturday with 3 RBIs. The division she is in machine pitch, however, the kids get to pitch the 5th and 6th innings. She has pitched one inning so far, struck out two and walked none. She pitches again on Wednesday evening.

My 13 year old son hung up the cleats after 7 years of playing so it's fun to start over again with my daughter.
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rob L View Post
    Thanks. My daughter is 8 years old. She refuses to play softball for the very reasons that Leslie mentioned, pitching underhand is not baseball. She is having a great time, went 4-4 on Saturday with 3 RBIs. The division she is in machine pitch, however, the kids get to pitch the 5th and 6th innings. She has pitched one inning so far, struck out two and walked none. She pitches again on Wednesday evening.

My 13 year old son hung up the cleats after 7 years of playing so it's fun to start over again with my daughter.
    Great opportunity to show my wife that girls can play at that level ( i have a 3 year old girl )

also a great oppurtunity to get the tagging on those jerseys, so if she becomes the first prof. female MLB player we know its GU for sure! HA

A professional photographer was at my daughters game tonite and took a cool photo of her pitching. I guess that is grip is what could be considered an 8 year old four seamer!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Looks more like a Palm Ball....

Great Pic!

Quote Originally Posted by ironmanfan View Post
    Looks more like a Palm Ball....

Great Pic!
    Maybe an attempt at a circle change. Speed would be right for a Palm Ball or Change up
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Interesting that is topic was brought up. My son has been playing LL since he could, and is currently an 11 year old pitcher/2nd baseman in Marysville MI. Monday he came in in relief and got the other team 1-2-3. Next inning he got the first 2 guys and then walked 2. I thought about removing him but he got 2 quick strikes on the #4 hitter so I left him in. Next pitch was a line drive to the head...

After a hospital stay and catscan, he is back in school. This brings certain questions into play. Obviously the pitcher is in a very vulnerable position especially with aluminum bats. Should they be wearing headgear? Should a certain age group be using wood instead of aluminum? Last year an adult 1st base coach in TX was killed by a line drive. Thoughts??