Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sold to someone with ZERO feedback

Has anyone sold to someone with zero feedback? I got a best offer from someone, it is still not what I want, but they have zero feedback....I am leearly on if I would even accept an offer from them if it was a good offer.

What should you be concerned, can they retract paypal payment??? Or just not pay at all, just bid to mess with you???

Any advise???

Thanks

Re: Sold to someone with ZERO feedback

Well -

It seems that 80% of the buyers in general have been poor with prompt payment recently. I have filed 6 Non-paying bidder complaints in the past month.

It might not matter that someone has zero feedback...they could just be an old-eBayer starting over with a new account. Which MAY be because they had trouble with the previous one.

I would accept it, but prepare yourself for a possible headache. Goes with the eBay experience.
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have sold to "zero" feedback people. Everytime, it makes me very nervous. The major setback I've had, is that they don't understand things as well as experienced people. Therefore, you may not get your feedback or they will leave you negative feedback for very insignificant things. I've never had them "take back" their payments.
    "We need rebirth of the American tradition of leadership ... in private life as well." "'Trust me' government asks that we concentrate our hopes and dreams on one man; that we trust him to do what's best for us. My view of government places trust not in one person or one party, but in those values that transcend persons and parties. The trust is where it belongs--in the people." - Ronald Reagan"

http://www.freewebs.com/chrishwish/

Just make sure you get a signature confirmation when you ship... I learned that one the hard way when I first started selling on ebay... lost the buyers $375 back to them and my bat
    Bert
    ---------------

Always looking for Matt Wieters, Tettleton, and that Orioles magic

shoremen44@gmail.com

That is interesting to know, I always send Fed Ex with insurance and tracking, but no not do signature...I will start doing that

I will never sell to anyone with less than a ten feedback rating again.

The scam that his hitting me know is the buyer had a rating of 6, bought one of my items and paid for it with paypal. I figured I was safe after receiving payment from paypal, but a couple weeks later paypal suspended my account and is issuing a chargeback. What this means is the buyer either used a stolen credit card for his account and the owner of the card is contesting the sale with his credit card company or the buyer is claiming he never authorized the charge to paypal.

Of course I received positive feedback from the moron and have proof of delivery from the postal service. The big problem is my paypal account will be down for about 90 days until the buyers credit card company decides what to do.

Mike

That is scary, that is exactly what I was afraid of.

All eBayers, even those with 16,000 100% feedback, started at zero.

As a seller, my experience with newbie eBayers is that they have been reliable as everyone else. Of course, I prefer they win an inexpensive lot rather than expensive.

i just got another offer from someone with 12 feedback, but they are private so you can't see what they were????? They have been on ebay for 2 years...however private feedback!!!! What is the point

Any dealings or advise on this???

worldchamps,

There is no guarantee whether you go with the zero feedback versus anyone else. The last chargeback I encountered was a person with 500+ feedback - in fact, I've never had a zero feedback due a chargeback (although no payment is another issue altogether). Granted, I am not a dealer or frequent seller like others on this site, so take it for what it is worth.

You could return the offer with counteroffer for the same price, but add in the additional terms that they pay with a money order ONLY due to their feedback. If they decline, move on. If they accept, then they can't chargeback the money order obviously.

Good luck.
    -Mike

Always looking for Notre Dame memorabilia
    Private messages ARE enabled