Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Conor Jackson game used bat ?

I might have just picked up a Conor Jackson game used bat on a good deal considering how hot he's been to start the season. Anyone know what type of LVS model he's using these days? The bat I just won on eBay is a Model B345

I was looking around on-line and I mostly saw LVS Model R227's and even a R219 that Jackson has used in the past. Any info would be appreciated. Here's the link to the bat I just won:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN:IT&ih=005

Re: Conor Jackson game used bat ?

Looks like you picked up a pretty nice bat at a very low price.
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

From what I can tell he ordered 18 of them 8/18/2004. The bat should be 34in/31oz and cupped. He's only ordered the B345 with no finish in Ash once.
    Brian Hillerich

Brian, thanks for that info on the Jackson bat. Much appreciated!

BMH, I just noticed that Conor Jackson didn't get called up to the bigs until July 28, 2005. I'm guessing the 2004 date you provided is just an oversight?

Thanks again,
    Dewey

No it's not, it is exactly what is in our ordering system. Players do use bats before they get into the majors...
    Brian Hillerich

I cut and pasted this out of our system. They were ordered by the Diamondbacks for Conor in 2004.

Name:  Conor Jackson.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  13.9 KB
    Brian Hillerich

BMH, I really appreciate the detailed follow-up. I wasn't aware that players in the minors ordered bats with the MLB team name on them. Now hopefully the bat I'm getting matches up to these records. Best, Dewey

Ah, nuts! I've got to keep reminding myself that not every game-used bat is listed in the "Game Used Memorabilia" category. I missed that one, or you wouldn't have gotten it for 36 bucks, if you got it at all!

I don't have one of Conor's B345s, which is why I'd have especially wanted to add it to my collection.

I've got several of Conor's R227s, which he used in the minors and possibly as late as '06 (I had him sign one the other day and he showed it to one of the other players and remarked on the odd barrel shape of the bats he "used to use") but all of his bats that I've got from '06 and '07 are M110s (except for a Rawlings 822B from '06). I've also got a Sam MMO from '03, obviously a minor league bat.

Congrats on a great pickup!

Thanks! Believe me I was very surprised that I got the bat so cheap and that there was only one other bid.

I haven't gotten to take a look at the bat in person yet but if I remember correctly your a big D-Backs collector so I might be willing to trade it for another Jackson bat. I just wanted one because he's a former Cal Bear's player.

Send your e-mail to: deweystg@berkeley.edu and I'll contact you after I receive it.