Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question OT: What Are Your Other Hobbies?

I was just curious what you all like to do for fun, when you are not collecting game-used memorabilia. Please share your stories; I would be interested to read them.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Re: OT: What Are Your Other Hobbies?

I like to run in my spare time. I am not fast by any means and do not race competitively. I took up running about 2 1/2 years ago and do it for my health and also because it's fun and a great way to relieve stress.

I actually just completed my second marathon last weekend (see May Pickups thread for photo of me in action) and have run in some other races like half-marathons, 10K's, etc.

I used to play a lot of music (bass guitar), mostly alternative type rock. One band I was in opened for Nickelback, another I was in opened for Helmet. That was before I got married and had a family, which is a hobby all in it's own!

Quote Originally Posted by Jags Fan Dan View Post
    I used to play a lot of music (bass guitar), mostly alternative type rock. One band I was in opened for Nickelback, another I was in opened for Helmet. That was before I got married and had a family, which is a hobby all in it's own!
    Helmet kicks a$$! I love that band and saw them a bunch of times. Was Paige Hamilton cool?

Aside from collecting game worn jerseys I am a car nut. Here's a couple of my hot rods.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by Neely8 View Post
    Helmet kicks a$$! I love that band and saw them a bunch of times. Was Paige Hamilton cool?
    I have to tell you he was cool as all heck. He hung out with us backstage, we just kind of sat there stupid because he had been an idol of all of ours for years. But yes he was very cool. I still have my autographed Aftertaste tour T-Shirt!

Don't know if you ever heard of a band called Prong, we opened for them and their drummer, Ted Parsons, was very cool as well. Also hung out with Zakk Wylde when he was in town with Pride and Glory (we didn't open for them) and he was very cool, also.

Nickelback, on the other hand, let's just say I never spoke with them...

Quote Originally Posted by Jags Fan Dan View Post
    I have to tell you he was cool as all heck. He hung out with us backstage, we just kind of sat there stupid because he had been an idol of all of ours for years. But yes he was very cool. I still have my autographed Aftertaste tour T-Shirt!

Don't know if you ever heard of a band called Prong, we opened for them and their drummer, Ted Parsons, was very cool as well. Also hung out with Zakk Wylde when he was in town with Pride and Glory (we didn't open for them) and he was very cool, also.

Nickelback, on the other hand, let's just say I never spoke with them...
    Holy crap I can't believe you just mentioned Prong! I just listened to Cleansing a few times today. I met Zakk a few times and he is definitely a cool and friendly guy. Glad to hear Paige was a good guy too. Helmet has always been one of my favorites regardless of who is in the band at any particular time.

Holy crap I can't believe you just mentioned Prong! I just listened to Cleansing a few times today. I met Zakk a few times and he is definitely a cool and friendly guy. Glad to hear Paige was a good guy too. Helmet has always been one of my favorites regardless of who is in the band at any particular time.
    And to think, I am a car nut, too. Maybe we were separated at birth!!

Aside from collecting game worn jerseys I am a car nut. Here's a couple of my hot rods.
    Nice cars, I really want a 1970 Nova when I turn 16 soon but I dont think im going to have enough.

Quote Originally Posted by bubbrubb25 View Post
    Nice cars, I really want a 1970 Nova when I turn 16 soon but I dont think im going to have enough.
    Thanks. The top one is a fully documented 70 GTO Judge. The other one is an 05 Vette. Both are a blast to drive for different reasons. The Vette is just plain fast as hell and while the Goat runs well it is just pure American muscle. Good luck in your quest for the Nova!