Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: Any GUU Auction Surprises?

From a financial standpoint, I was surprised at how low the totals in the auction were as a whole. I think the total was approximately $150,000 in sold merchandise for 6 months worth of time spent putting it together. That translates to approx. $37,000 in gross profit, minus cost associated in putting the auction together, advertising etc puts the net profit lower. Great for buyers not so great for consigners....

Dave

Dave, the overall number has nothing to do with cosignors. I think GUU had less items than most auctions, probably because they have higher standards regarding items they accept. Personally, I thought they got some good numbers on quite a few items wich is what relates to consinors. Overall for their second auction I was very impressed with the quality of merchandise and think it shows that GUU will be a major player in the future.

By the way, since you said it was so good for buyers, given that you constantly buy to re-sell to try to make a profit, what items did you win in the GUU's auction to re-sell?

Todd

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by yankees159 View Post
    Dave, the overall number has nothing to do with cosignors. I think GUU had less items than most auctions, probably because they have higher standards regarding items they accept. Personally, I thought they got some good numbers on quite a few items wich is what relates to consinors. Overall for their second auction I was very impressed with the quality of merchandise and think it shows that GUU will be a major player in the future.

By the way, since you said it was so good for buyers, given that you constantly buy to re-sell to try to make a profit, what items did you win in the GUU's auction to re-sell?

Todd
    Very good question for the friend of the established auction houses. Dave?

I didn't buy anything in the auction. I was the underbider on a few pieces