Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Editorial: An Open Letter to Mr. Lou Lampson by Dave Grob

wonder what dave has in mind - could be interesting...

http://www.network54.com/Forum/42624...t+News+Section

ps: i posted this here given that lampson offers opinions on game used memorabilia - if the mods feel that there is a better place for it please let me know...
    robert

Re: Editorial: An Open Letter to Mr. Lou Lampson by Dave Grob

Hey hey does anybody wanna hear MY open letter to Lou Lampson??

Quote Originally Posted by kylehess10 View Post
    Hey hey does anybody wanna hear MY open letter to Lou Lampson??
    Yeah, Kyle!

-Frik
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Hello Everyone,

I deleted a post this morning as it was in violation of the following forum rule:

No Personal Attacks. Do not harass, belittle, threaten or “flame” another member. Do not call other members names, even in jest. You may dispute opinions and facts, but do so with facts and not by taking it to a personal level. This forum is intended to operate in a positive environment. Please help us achieve that goal.

It is getting a bit old that we have to continuously edit posts that try to take things to a personal level but we will continue to do so when it violates the intent of the forum, which is "to bring game used collectors together and help hobbyists educate each other" in a positive environment.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCavalier View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I deleted a post this morning as it was in violation of the following forum rule:

No Personal Attacks. Do not harass, belittle, threaten or “flame” another member. Do not call other members names, even in jest. You may dispute opinions and facts, but do so with facts and not by taking it to a personal level. This forum is intended to operate in a positive environment. Please help us achieve that goal.

It is getting a bit old that we have to continuously edit posts that try to take things to a personal level but we will continue to do so when it violates the intent of the forum, which is "to bring game used collectors together and help hobbyists educate each other" in a positive environment.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
    Perhaps you could guide us on how we can ACCURATELY discuss Mr. Lampson here within your rules, Chris? Not all visitors to this forum know what most of us know on this topic. How do you suggest we caution them?

Personally, I can't think of a more deserving sticky.

Quote Originally Posted by mvandor View Post
    Perhaps you could guide us on how we can ACCURATELY discuss Mr. Lampson here within your rules, Chris? Not all visitors to this forum know what most of us know on this topic. How do you suggest we caution them?
    I think the rule itself is actually a great guide. It states:

1) You may dispute opinions and facts, but do so with facts; and
    2) Do not take things to a personal level.

I would suggest approaching it in that manner. Not only will it promote a more positive environment, it will also likely be more effective as it will be based on credible information.
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

I wasn't aware that Lou was a member

My mistake
    I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com

There's many different definitions of that word.....

Quote Originally Posted by mvandor View Post

Personally, I can't think of a more deserving sticky.
    They haven't been cautioned enough? Here's an idea for you, start a seperate heading for Lampson. This way members who really don't care about reading the same old dead horse stories can easily navigate around them and highlight the more intelligent, useful posts. If this idea bothers you, allow me to quote Mr. Cavalier's earlier post. Pay particular attention to the first 6 words.
    Thanks for trying, Mr. Cavalier. Obviously you're trying to get this site back to being useful, informative and most importantly, fun. Good Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny899 View Post
    Thanks for trying, Mr. Cavalier. Obviously you're trying to get this site back to being useful, informative and most importantly, fun. Good Luck.

yeah, i know what you mean - this site is useless, uninformative and most importantly not fun. you really nailed it.

robert