Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Vladimir Guerrero 2007 HR derby bat...I dont think so!! PART II (Forgery!!)

Looks like the guys that sell Vlad game used items on ebay are at it again, they took the so called "most famous" bat of the 2007 home run derby that was sold on ebay a few weeks ago and re-listed the same bat, the only problem is that they added a lot of pine tar, "2007" and a ball mark near the engraved name area to make it look like the same bat Vlad used to win the HR derby.

If you look closely at the autograph it's exactly the same and you can also see the same wood grain that matches up on the original bat. Looks like they went over the "Game Used" with a black sharpie pen.

I e-mailed the ebay buyer and informed him that he was being taken and last I heard from him was that he was working on getting his money back!

Let me know what you guys think and Tony do you know what your committing here, it's called "FRAUD" I looked up the definition on Webster's dictionary for you:

1.deceit, trickery, sharp practice, or breach of confidence, perpetrated for profit or to gain some unfair or dishonest advantage.

2.a particular instance of such deceit or trickery: mail fraud; election frauds.

3.any deception, trickery, or humbug: That diet book is a fraud and a waste of time.

4.a person who makes deceitful pretenses; sham; poseur.

New ebay listing:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/VLADIMIR-GUERRER...QQcmdZViewItem

First ebay listing:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/VLADIMIR-GUERRER...QQcmdZViewItem

Original game used forum thread:
    http://www.gameuseduniverse.net/vb_f...ad.php?t=15955
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Banned

Re: Vladimir Guerrero 2007 HR derby bat...I dont think so!! PART II (Forgery!!)

Wow The bat is an exact match the grain that goes along the "V" where the 2007 is now and under the word Used is dead on. WHAT A SCAM.
    Now we know never to buy a bat from these guys.

What is your theory on where the "2007" went that was written in black sharpie under "Game Used?"

Quote Originally Posted by nyjetsfan14 View Post
    What is your theory on where the "2007" went that was written in black sharpie under "Game Used?"
    Or is 2007 written/added to the new bat?

The "game used" is not legit either.

Notice the differences in the G and E's

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
    The "game used" is not legit either.

Notice the differences in the G and E's
    Looks like they went back over it to make it darker.

Here's an easy way to get some extra cash.....the description says "GUARANTEE TO PASS PSA/DNA OR TRIPLE YOUR MONEY BACK". Somebody should buy the bat, send it to PSA/DNA, show them these pictures of proof that not only it wasn't used during the Derby, but also the fact that it has been covered with fake pine tar. Then once you get your rejection letter from PSA/DNA, threaten to sue the seller if he doesn't give you the "triple your money back" and there ya go! You just earned $10,500 for free

Banned

The seller is also keeping the buyers ID private.

Tony does a local show down here in the so. cal area,I have done some business with him in the past.
    Tony,What is the deal with the bat?
    Can you please give us your side of the story?

Rudy

Rudy,
    I Gave The Old Bat Back About 2 Weeks Ago And Told Them About The Refund I Had To Give. They Called Me And Gave Me This New Bat That I Put It On E-bay And This Baggage Handler At A Hotel In Hawaii Named Bobby Is Realy Bored. He Is Saying That The Grain In The Bat Is The Same Grain Mark In The Old Bat, I Just Don't Understand. This Is The Bat That Vladimir Gave Me, All These Threats That This Bobby Guy Is Saying, He Is Just Waisting His Time. I Am Selling A Bat For The Guerrero Family And What Ever He Is Saying He Is Saying About Them. This Guy Bobby We Told He Would Never Ever Get Another Bat From Us Again, And That Is Why He Is Attacking Us Day After Day. Do You Think I Would Have To Do All That What He Saying When I Can Go Straight To Vladimir And Get Any Bat I Want.
    Thanks Rudy

Tony