Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

NFL game jersey questions

A couple of questions for you NFL jersey experts out there. Does anyone have an idea of how many game jerseys a player is issued a year? Obviously they do repairs on jerseys so it's not like there getting a new one every game.

Also, I know teams get new jerseys for the Super Bowl but do teams generally just wear their regular season jerseys during the earlier rounds of the playoffs? I was looking at some 2003 Colts pics on Getty and it didn't look like their Divisional Round or AFC Championship jerseys had any special patches or anything.

Thanks!
    Dewey

Re: NFL game jersey questions

I know star Rams players have been known to wear one per game over the past few years.

The Saints get a minimum of 2 per color per year, even the pre-season only players. I think the Reggie Bush types will go through a few more.

Tom

Thanks for that jersey info. I found an old thread on here that indicated the same.

Tom, can you e-mail me at: deweystg@berkeley.edu I have a question to ask you about a Saints jersey I'm looking for. Thanks!

I know a Chiefs lineman and he told me that he is issued 1 per game but he likes to use the same home/road jersey as long as he can. He gives his extras away to friends/family members.