Grey Flannel Auctions - How Did You Do?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lund6771
    • Dec 2006

Re: Grey Flannel Auctions - How Did You Do?

I wanted the rookie Jordan jersey pretty bad...it went for 40 something and is 100% the real deal...I orginally got this one in 92...funny thing is that after I sold it, it all of sudden had a team letter, which never came with it originally

anyways, I was kinda bummed not to get it, but I have another great one anways...

If someone here got that one, LMK!!!!

Comment

• both-teams-played-hard
      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by suave1477
      Jeter a borderline Hall of Famer as far as I am concerned
      HA! Rolling-in-my-chair-urinating-in-my-drawers!

RIMCUIMD

Comment

• suave1477
        Banned
        • Jan 2006

Both Teams first I would like to say I didnt quite get what you meant by your comment.
        Are you laughing cuz you agree or disagree???

Second I looked over your photos. Even though in the past I have seen you post some of them here. But seeing them again and your other ones made me laugh my butt off.
        Lampson pics will always be classics!!!

Comment

• rbalm
          • Aug 2005

I won Barry Sanders Final Post season shoe!
          Adam

Comment

• BarryMeisel
            • Jan 1970

Nathan,

I did not win the Zubov.

I own two Stanley Cup Finals jerseys, a white MacTavish (photo-matched to him holding the Stanley Cup after Game 7) and a blue Adam Graves (photo-matched to him wearing it in Game 4 at Vancouver).

I think the reason the Zubov went for the price it did is that legitimate Rangers' game-worn Finals jerseys (all of which should be accompanied by a letter of authenticity from the Rangers noting that a portion of the proceeds from the first sale of these jerseys went to charity for the Prevention of Child Abuse) are coveted by a large number of Rangers' collectors, and the small number of genuine game-worn Finals jerseys are embedded deep in Rangers' fans collections.

Regards,
            Barry

Comment

• both-teams-played-hard
              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by suave1477
              Both Teams first I would like to say I didnt quite get what you meant by your comment.
              Are you laughing cuz you agree or disagree???

Second I looked over your photos. Even though in the past I have seen you post some of them here. But seeing them again and your other ones made me laugh my butt off.
              Lampson pics will always be classics!!!
              Suave
              Glad you like the photoshops.

My post was disagreeing with you...I think Jete is a lock. No hard feelings.

Comment

• suave1477
                Banned
                • Jan 2006

both teams

Well not to take this thread too far off topic whether you choose to answer me here or email me directly is up to you.

but I would love to hear how you think he is a lock????

He hasn't done anything to lock him into the hall and even his stats compare to borderline hall of famers or hall of famers that took a while to get in.

Not to mention at the time when he decides to retire think of how many other sure hall of famers will probably retire around the same time bumping Jeter to the back of the line.

Again I am baffled where you can say he is a lock.

Comment

• suave1477
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2006

HERE ARE SOME ITEMS I WON AND THE FIRST ONE HAPPEN TO BE VERY SPECIAL TO ME.

THIS CAP WAS NOT ONLY A TRIBUTE TO MY FAVORITE PLAYER BUT WAS BUT GOT A LOT OF MEDIA ATTENTION DURING THAT TIME AND I REMEMBERED IT VIVIDLY ALL THESE YEARS - I ALSO PHOTO MATCHED IT.

YANKEES DURING THE WORLD SERIES WORE CAPS WITH #39 STICHTED IN THE BACK FOR STRABERRY HE WAS DIAGNOSED WTIH CANCER.

LEYRITZ WHO WAS A GOOD FRIEND AND RESPECTED STRAWBERRY PUT 39 ON HIS CAP DURING THE POST SEASON HE WAS THE ONLY ONE ON THE PADRES THAT DID IT.

PHOTOMATCH

Comment

• Dewey2007
                    • Dec 2007

I picked up the 2003 Montea Reagor Colts road jersey that was in the GF auction. It was looking so lonely sitting there with no bids I thought what the heck. This was my first time being the winning bidder in an auction so that was kinda cool.
                    sigpicwww.alamedasportsproject.com

Comment

• Neely8
                      • Apr 2006

I wasn't even aware that this auction was running since I'm not a big fan of auctions but I will say someone got an absolute steal on that Aeneas Williams Rams jersey. The price for that jersey borders on ludicrous for a future HOFer. I think the Hacksaw Reynolds was a pretty good buy too. Since I collect mostly hockey I will say I think that the SCF Rangers Zubov jersey went for absolutely INSANE money. Someone wanted that jersey BAD and there is no doubt money was not an issue!

Comment

• MikeSharon
                        • Aug 2006

Originally posted by shoremen44
                        I won the National League helmets and the 1957 Cubs team signed ball....

the helmets to me were a steal...

I would have liked to win the AL helmets... really want that O's helmet... but the price shot up quick

would be interested in the astros helmet that was part of that group if your looking to move it email me

George.sharon@cyfairvfd.org

Comment

• lnfogel@aol.com
                          • Jan 2007

i won the 6 mets bats

Comment

• byergo
                            • Feb 2006

I'm a huge MIZZOU Tigers collector. Probably have the biggest collection out there, and I was thrilled to pick up one of my "Holy Grail" items in this auction, a Brad Smith game used home jersey! For those that don't know Brad is one of the most accomplished QB's in NCAA history, an awesome dual threat weapon that vauted our program to where we now stand as a Top 5 team, and he is a WR now with the NY Jets (also contributes at RB/QB and on special teams).

Now if I could find a circa 1939 "Pitchin Paul" Christman jersey I'd be in heaven! LOL

Comment

• cjclong
                              • Feb 2006

I would agree that Jeter appears to be a lock for the HOF. Baring injury he will probably have over 3,000 hits. The only knock is not a lot of home runs, however he hit a surprising number in the playoffs and World Series when they meant something. I think most HOF voters are sophisticated to recognize a player with meaningful singles and doubles compared to one who hits meaningless home runs. He was on center stage in the playoffs and World Series between 1996 and 2001. He proved he could play under pressure and was a big part of the Yankees winning 4 World Series, 3 in a row. When people think of the Yankees most think of him first. He not only handled the pressure of big games, but also the pressure of playing in New York which many players can't cope with. He is one of the select group of players who have as many as 4 World Series rings. Finally he is a good representative for baseball. That is something that may keep players like Bonds and McGuire out and will help Jeter get in.

Comment

• byergo
                                • Feb 2006

I'm not a Yankees fan but barring major sudden calamity, Jeter is pretty close to a 100% lock for the HOF.

Rookie of the Year, World Series MVP and post season superstar, 8 time All Star, 2,400 hits by age 34 and still going strong, 3 Gold Gloves, 2 Silver Sluggers, .317 lifetime batting average--65th best ever, Top 10 in MVP voting 6 times. Yeah--he's in.

Comment

Working...