Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: Grey Flannel Auctions - How Did You Do?

Since ARod is younger I doubt they retire at the same time. But again, if I were betting I think Jeter gets in first ballot regardless of who else may be eligible. I think his image (as long as that doesn't change) along with his accomplishments will put him there. And I'm pretty tough on who I think should be in. I'm not one who thinks Rice or Mattingly, and I was a fan of Mattingly, belong in the HOF. I guess we just have a totally different perception of where Jeter ranks.

I loved Mattingly too. It's a darn shame he had back problems (the unforeseen calamity thing I was talking about) or we was a sure thing. He's still on the fringe, and I think will get in some day.

I also think Rice belongs, he was a dominant and feared player in his prime. He wouldn't be an embarassment to the hall such as Gary Carter.

Quote Originally Posted by byergo View Post
    He wouldn't be an embarassment to the hall such as Gary Carter.
    I happen to think that this is a ridiculous, baseless statement. Can you please compare Carter's lifetime achievements to all of the other catchers in the hall? Can you then multiply Carter's lifetime stats by about 30 -- because that's about how many more games Carter would have played had he not been a catcher.

Banned

I won the 1970 Pedro Ramos flannel....Nice jersey from a historic team and a very popular Cuban player. Paid 1950 for the jersey..

Juan Iglesias

Quote Originally Posted by BarryMeisel View Post
    Nathan,

I did not win the Zubov.

I own two Stanley Cup Finals jerseys, a white MacTavish (photo-matched to him holding the Stanley Cup after Game 7) and a blue Adam Graves (photo-matched to him wearing it in Game 4 at Vancouver).

I think the reason the Zubov went for the price it did is that legitimate Rangers' game-worn Finals jerseys (all of which should be accompanied by a letter of authenticity from the Rangers noting that a portion of the proceeds from the first sale of these jerseys went to charity for the Prevention of Child Abuse) are coveted by a large number of Rangers' collectors, and the small number of genuine game-worn Finals jerseys are embedded deep in Rangers' fans collections.

Regards,
    Barry
    Barry,

It couldn't be real anyway. We all know that if it wasn't allowed in 1972, then there's no way an SCF team in 1994 would be allowed to take the ice looking like ragamuffins.
    Looking for Duane Kuiper home run baseballs

I won the Circa 1990 Jose Canseco GU/Autographed A's Home Jersey. Paid $576 + shipping.

Thanks.
    MAP

Quote Originally Posted by byergo View Post
    He wouldn't be an embarassment to the hall such as Gary Carter.
    Must be a 86 Red Sox fan. Get over it!

Hi,

I won the Stearns lot, and lost the Piazza lot. Very happy, since before the auction I was debating buying it from MEARS directly (for more). Worried in the wee hours, though. Glad everyone seemed to do well.

Best
    Jessie

ALWAYS LOOKING FOR METS CATCHER ITEMS and Bats from: Bruce Berenyl, Ed Lynch, Randy Niemann, Rick Anderson, John Mitchell, and Tim Corcoran

Just have to tip my hat to Grey Flannel for getting my item to me fast. Mailed my payment last Friday and my item arrived Fedex today.

The jersey I won had 2 or 3 more team repairs then was listed and shows great use. Safe to say I'm pretty happy with my first auction win. Of course no one else bid but that's beside the point!

I'm no BoSox fan by any stretch of the imagination, and I won't be multiplying Carters's stats by 30 any time soon. The guy is a joke and is a disgrace to the HOF, thats all. He's a perfect representative of the watering down of HOF standards which shouldn't be tolerated.