Grey Flannel Auctions - How Did You Do?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dranimal
    • Apr 2006

Re: Grey Flannel Auctions - How Did You Do?

I bought the Tommy John and Vlad Guerrero jerseys. I also bought (shhhhh) the Pudge and the Mindy McCready 'family friend' jersey

Comment

• suave1477
      Banned
      • Jan 2006

Originally posted by byergo
      I'm not a Yankees fan but barring major sudden calamity, Jeter is pretty close to a 100% lock for the HOF.

Rookie of the Year, World Series MVP and post season superstar, 8 time All Star, 2,400 hits by age 34 and still going strong, 3 Gold Gloves, 2 Silver Sluggers, .317 lifetime batting average--65th best ever, Top 10 in MVP voting 6 times. Yeah--he's in.

I hear everything you guys are saying your still failing to see one thing everything you mention are not locks into the hall.

The only thing I see that will make him a lock is if he reaches 3000. Again that is if he reaches it, he still has some time to get there.

Here is a better example
      Don Mattingly
      6 x All Star
      85 MVP
      85 major League Player of the Year
      Voted Top 10 - 4 times for MVP
      9 x Gold Glove
      3 x Silver Slugger
      Lifetime BA. .307
      Was the face of the Yankees throughout the 80's to the mid 90's

Darryl Strawberry
      83 Rookie of the Year
      8 x All Star
      2 X Silver Slugger
      Everyone knows he deserved MVP in 88
      4 x World Series Champ for 2 different teams
      Still holds numerous Mets Records

GIVE ME A CALL WHEN EITHER GUY MAKE IT IN.

Comment

• worldchamps
        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by dranimal
        I bought the Tommy John and Vlad Guerrero jerseys. I also bought (shhhhh) the Pudge and the Mindy McCready 'family friend' jersey

I thought about bidding on the Pudge, you got a really good deal on it....especially when you think how much you would have to pay to send it in and have them authenticate it...I assume you get a LOA with any purchase??
        sigpic

Comment

• cjclong
          • Feb 2006

Suave, the thing you are leaving out is Jeter's being a major part of 4 World Series winners. There is no question playing in a World Series is a major plus in getting in the Hall. I'm a fan of Whitey Ford and I believe he deserves being in the Hall but would he be there if he had played for the Cubs during that time? Also, Mattingly's numbers are for a first baseman. While shortstop has become more of an offensive position in recent years voters don't expect the same numbers of a shortstop as they do a first baseman or outfielder. Compare the numbers of Pee Wee Reese with other position players from his era that aren't there. If I were a betting man I would bet you the price of the Jeter home run bat that just sold in the auction that he gets in the Hall on the first ballot.

Comment

• suave1477
            Banned
            • Jan 2006

CJClong again your still forgetting who else would be retiring and available for the hall of fame.

So I still don't think he is a first ballot.

If arod and him retire at the same time, you still think Jeter is a first ballot?

Comment

• cjclong
              • Feb 2006

Since ARod is younger I doubt they retire at the same time. But again, if I were betting I think Jeter gets in first ballot regardless of who else may be eligible. I think his image (as long as that doesn't change) along with his accomplishments will put him there. And I'm pretty tough on who I think should be in. I'm not one who thinks Rice or Mattingly, and I was a fan of Mattingly, belong in the HOF. I guess we just have a totally different perception of where Jeter ranks.

Comment

• byergo
                • Feb 2006

I loved Mattingly too. It's a darn shame he had back problems (the unforeseen calamity thing I was talking about) or we was a sure thing. He's still on the fringe, and I think will get in some day.

I also think Rice belongs, he was a dominant and feared player in his prime. He wouldn't be an embarassment to the hall such as Gary Carter.

Comment

• TNTtoys
                  • Aug 2006

He wouldn't be an embarassment to the hall such as Gary Carter.
                  I happen to think that this is a ridiculous, baseless statement. Can you please compare Carter's lifetime achievements to all of the other catchers in the hall? Can you then multiply Carter's lifetime stats by about 30 -- because that's about how many more games Carter would have played had he not been a catcher.
                  Looking for ...
                  Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
                  Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
                  Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Comment

• GrndSlm
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2006

I won the 1970 Pedro Ramos flannel....Nice jersey from a historic team and a very popular Cuban player. Paid 1950 for the jersey..

Juan Iglesias

Comment

• Nathan
                      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by BarryMeisel
                      Nathan,

I did not win the Zubov.

I own two Stanley Cup Finals jerseys, a white MacTavish (photo-matched to him holding the Stanley Cup after Game 7) and a blue Adam Graves (photo-matched to him wearing it in Game 4 at Vancouver).

I think the reason the Zubov went for the price it did is that legitimate Rangers' game-worn Finals jerseys (all of which should be accompanied by a letter of authenticity from the Rangers noting that a portion of the proceeds from the first sale of these jerseys went to charity for the Prevention of Child Abuse) are coveted by a large number of Rangers' collectors, and the small number of genuine game-worn Finals jerseys are embedded deep in Rangers' fans collections.

Regards,
                      Barry
                      Barry,

It couldn't be real anyway. We all know that if it wasn't allowed in 1972, then there's no way an SCF team in 1994 would be allowed to take the ice looking like ragamuffins.
                      Looking for Duane Kuiper home run baseballs

Comment

• BernBabyBern
                        • Dec 2006

I won the Circa 1990 Jose Canseco GU/Autographed A's Home Jersey. Paid $576 + shipping.

Thanks.
                        MAP

Comment

• ultimetfan
                          • Feb 2007

He wouldn't be an embarassment to the hall such as Gary Carter.
                          Must be a 86 Red Sox fan. Get over it!

Hi,

I won the Stearns lot, and lost the Piazza lot. Very happy, since before the auction I was debating buying it from MEARS directly (for more). Worried in the wee hours, though. Glad everyone seemed to do well.

Best
                          Jessie

ALWAYS LOOKING FOR METS CATCHER ITEMS and Bats from: Bruce Berenyl, Ed Lynch, Randy Niemann, Rick Anderson, John Mitchell, and Tim Corcoran

Best,
                          Jessie

ALWAYS LOOKING FOR METS GAME USED CATCHER ITEMS, and bats from: Bruce Berenyl, Randy Niemann, Rick Anderson, John Mitchell as well as Tim Burke's Mets GU items

email me at : jjburkeesq@aol.com

Comment

• Dewey2007
                            • Dec 2007

Just have to tip my hat to Grey Flannel for getting my item to me fast. Mailed my payment last Friday and my item arrived Fedex today.

The jersey I won had 2 or 3 more team repairs then was listed and shows great use. Safe to say I'm pretty happy with my first auction win. Of course no one else bid but that's beside the point!
                            sigpicwww.alamedasportsproject.com

Comment

• byergo
                              • Feb 2006

I'm no BoSox fan by any stretch of the imagination, and I won't be multiplying Carters's stats by 30 any time soon. The guy is a joke and is a disgrace to the HOF, thats all. He's a perfect representative of the watering down of HOF standards which shouldn't be tolerated.

Comment

Working...