Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Show your 2008 Yankees Final Season Items

Quote Originally Posted by TFig27 View Post
    Game model means it's the same model Damon would use in a game. Most likely they got it to get autographed. But, game model does not mean it was used in a game.
    thanks for clarifying Tfig, could game model also suggest is might be game issued?

Quote Originally Posted by costas View Post
    nice baseball BULBUS, do you have any 2008 Old Timer's Day game jerseys for sale? looking for one, thanks
    costas,

Steiner has slowly been getting the 2008 in. As far as the Old Timers uniforms, I dont believe Steiner gets that stuff unless they get it from the player directly. The jerseys are given to the former players and they are theirs to keep.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by BULBUS View Post
    costas,

Steiner has slowly been getting the 2008 in. As far as the Old Timers uniforms, I dont believe Steiner gets that stuff unless they get it from the player directly. The jerseys are given to the former players and they are theirs to keep.

Chris
    thanks Chris, there's a Steiner Old Timer's Day jersey of Wade Boggs I saw recently on Ebay and other members here said they have items with Steiner provenance from previous Old Timer's Day events so I was assuming Steiner also sells these. Has it always been the case that players who attend the event get to keep the uniforms or is that just for this year's final one? thanks

thanks Chris, there's a Steiner Old Timer's Day jersey of Wade Boggs I saw recently on Ebay and other members here said they have items with Steiner provenance from previous Old Timer's Day events so I was assuming Steiner also sells these. Has it always been the case that players who attend the event get to keep the uniforms or is that just for this year's final one? thanks
    I think the players have always been able to keep their jerseys. I saw the Boggs jersey, Steiner probably got it from Wade when they did a signing with him. I remember them also selling a Rizutto Old Timers jersey. They did many signings with Phil and probably got it directly from him too.

thanks Chris, I was hoping to be able to obtain a jersey from the last Old Timer's Day for its historical significance but it doesn't look like that will happen now.

if one of the players decided to sell theirs, won't they be of little value since it doesn't come with official Steiner provenance?

thanks Chris, I was hoping to be able to obtain a jersey from the last Old Timer's Day for its historical significance but it doesn't look like that will happen now.

if one of the players decided to sell theirs, won't they be of little value since it doesn't come with official Steiner provenance?
    i emailed steiner, they did not and wont be getting any jerseys, the players kept them. they do have the old timers locker nameplates though.

if a jersey came with a letter from the player, then it would be worth more than it would be with a steiner letter.

i emailed steiner, they did not and wont be getting any jerseys, the players kept them. they do have the old timers locker nameplates though.

if a jersey came with a letter from the player, then it would be worth more than it would be with a steiner letter.
    thanks for looking into this Chris, I''m going to email Steiner to get more information on the nameplates. Better than nothing at least.

costas,

whats your email address? i can forward you the info on the nameplates.

costas,

whats your email address? i can forward you the info on the nameplates.
    thanks Chris,

we_at_war@hotmail.com

just got your e-mail Chris, something is not working with my hotmail today but I'll take a look at it again later tonight. thanks and have a good weekend.