Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

Question About Darryl Strawberry World Series Ring

Hello Members,

By you now you know I am the biggest Strawberry Game Used collector and if you didn't now you know. So when I saw this item pop upmy jaw dropped and first thing came to mind was I got to have this and what can I sell to get this lol lol. Is selling members of my family illegal in the U.S.????? But seriously I was pondering letting go some serious pieces for this.

I am glad I didn't

I spoke with Darryl tonight and he told me he still has his 99 ring and would never let it go. He said the one on Lelands has to be a duplicate because he still has his.

http://www.lelands.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=93287

Banned

Re: Darryk Strawberry World Series Ring NOT THE REAL THING!!!

Did you or Darryl contact Lelands about it?

Banned

I just spoke to Darryl about an hour ago, haven't had the chance.

Banned

As quoted in the Leland's auction ad:

The ring comes with a hand written letter signed by Strawberry, an LOA on Yankees stationery.

Something smells once again.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    Hello Members,

By you now you know I am the biggest Strawberry Game Used collector and if you didn't now you know. So when I saw this item pop upmy jaw dropped and first thing came to mind was I got to have this and what can I sell to get this lol lol. Is selling members of my family illegal in the U.S.????? But seriously I was pondering letting go some serious pieces for this.

I am glad I didn't

I spoke with Darryl tonight and he told me he still has his 99 ring and would never let it go. He said the one on Lelands has to be a duplicate because he still has his.

http://www.lelands.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=93287
    Suave-
    Next ime you speak with Strawberry, ask him to explain how a hand signed LOA from him also comes with this "duplicate" ring.

FYI-B & E Collectibles was also offering a few of his Yankees rings with a similar LOA signed by Strawberry.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Geeze, I have a hard time thinking that Straw may be less than honest

Are players allowed to order more than one WS rings? Being that Rudy Giuliani got one it may not be surprising that Yankee players were able to order more than one. This would probably be dependant on the team policy too.

David

Question About Darryl Strawberry World Series Ring

Quote Originally Posted by platinum1 View Post
    Did you or Darryl contact Lelands about it?
    Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    I just spoke to Darryl about an hour ago, haven't had the chance.
    Hello Suave,

I think it is important to remind everyone of the rule for posting questions about items that they believe has questions. The rule is as follows:

In instances where a forum member is identifying an item in the hobby they believe to have issues, it is expected that the poster clearly state their findings in the form of an opinion and provide adequate rationale for why they believe there is an issue. When possible, it is expected that the poster questioning an item will attempt to contact the seller of the item and allow at least 24 hours for the seller to reply before posting. This will prevent postings that may be generated based on misunderstandings of an item.

It appears in this case, Mr. Strawberry is claiming he still has the ring. However, I just spoke with someone at Lelands who said the ring is supported by legal letters from Strawberry claiming it is his. While clearly both statements cannot be true, it is not appropriate to come onto the forum and state the ring is not real. As stated in the rule, findings should be stated in the form of an opinion and the seller should be contacted first to avoid postings based on misunderstandings.

I am not in any position to state whether or not the ring is Strawberry's. However, the rules need to be followed when questioning items. I have changed the title of the thread to reflect this point. Please also make sure these rules are followed in the future.

Thanks in advance.
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

Banned

Re: Question About Darryl Strawberry World Series Ring

I have come accross players that have lied about there items.
    Im not saying this is what's going on here but it does happen.
    I once got an item from an exgirlfriend of a player that was autographed and dated and used in a All Star game so it was easy to photomatch the item. When I later showed him the item he got really mad and told me that he still had his. I later found out he was married at the time .

Banned

Re: Question About Darryl Strawberry World Series Ring

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCavalier View Post
    Hello Suave,

I think it is important to remind everyone of the rule for posting questions about items that they believe has questions. The rule is as follows:

In instances where a forum member is identifying an item in the hobby they believe to have issues, it is expected that the poster clearly state their findings in the form of an opinion and provide adequate rationale for why they believe there is an issue. When possible, it is expected that the poster questioning an item will attempt to contact the seller of the item and allow at least 24 hours for the seller to reply before posting. This will prevent postings that may be generated based on misunderstandings of an item.

It appears in this case, Mr. Strawberry is claiming he still has the ring. However, I just spoke with someone at Lelands who said the ring is supported by legal letters from Strawberry claiming it is his. While clearly both statements cannot be true, it is not appropriate to come onto the forum and state the ring is not real. As stated in the rule, findings should be stated in the form of an opinion and the seller should be contacted first to avoid postings based on misunderstandings.

I am not in any position to state whether or not the ring is Strawberry's. However, the rules need to be followed when questioning items. I have changed the title of the thread to reflect this point. Please also make sure these rules are followed in the future.

Thanks in advance.
    Hello Chris in most cases I would agree with you and rarely do I ever dispute you except for this one.

I am not questioning any item here.

It is a fact

As what was told to me. So there would be no need for me to TECHNICALLY put this in question form when I was told by the (Possible current owner of the ring) that he still has it.

I would agree with you if I was going on just hear say from an outside source but you can't get much more then the source himself.

Whether he was lying to me thats another story, but Straw knows me and really would not have a need to lie about sometine so little. When I even said that about his ring the first look that came to his face (like he was baffled) and then asked me what Auction? he seemed very surprised and reconfirmed to me he still has his ring.

As far as World Series rings just like Jerseys and Bats, there are always extras made up, duplicates, Blanks or salesman samples. Any one of those can end up on the market as someones.

As far as the letter I did not see it and I would like for Lelends to email me a pic of it I wouldbe interested in what it says.

I will shoot them an email and get there opinion on the matter.