Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Chipper batting right-handed with a blonde bat??

Today at the Braves game I noticed Chipper Jones using a blonde Rawlings bat when he batted right-handed. Chipper ALWAYS swings a black bat while batting right-handed and a blonde bat while batting left handed. Any reason why Chipper would do this? Could he be out of black Rawlings bats? This is the first time I've seen him do this too. I took a picture of him too with the blonde bat:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: Chipper batting right-handed with a blonde bat??

Hey Kyle,
    What is the patch for on his left shoulder ? I am just curious ......
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

...and that is a STELLAR photo Kyle. When the Cards are in town, I will contact you for a comission. Cool?
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kyle: If i remember correctly Chipper used black Glomars from the right side.

David: BEACH patch is for Jim Beauchamp who in Dec 2007. He was a former player for the Braves, Cards, Mets and Braves coach 99-2001 and minor league outfield coordinator from 2002 on. I remember watching Beauchamp play for the Mets growing up in the 70's.

David

Banned

Metsbats: Chipper did use Glomar black bats for a period but over the last few years he's been using black rawlings.

Aaron

bigtrucks - Ofcoarse. I always try to make it to atleast 1 game every series here in Atlanta

metsbats - whatupyos is correct. I do remember seeing Chipper use Glomars, but has since stuck only with Rawlings bats.

Chipper has been using a blonde bat when batting right-handed for the past week or so. I believe he started just before the Oakland series. I haven't seen any of his black Rawlings bats since then. Interestingly, he started doing it when he had a couple of off games from the right side. His black bats are an ounce heavier (according to commentators), so I wonder if he just wanted to try a heavier bat from the right side.

Also, saw that Smoltz has been using Chipper's batting gloves this year (Chipper's last style). They even have the 'CJ10' on them. I think he's doing this for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by ryantex View Post
    Also, saw that Smoltz has been using Chipper's batting gloves this year (Chipper's last style). They even have the 'CJ10' on them. I think he's doing this for awhile.

Yep, I have several pictures of Smoltz batting with Chipper's gloves on. He has been using both his old style (black/white) and the new style (red/white)

Sorry this is O/T but kyle how are you guys liking tex out there? he was pretty good with the fans here in dallas. he was about the only big name player on our team that signed on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Fnazxc0114 View Post
    Sorry this is O/T but kyle how are you guys liking tex out there? he was pretty good with the fans here in dallas. he was about the only big name player on our team that signed on a regular basis.

Well everybody on top of the Braves dugout today was yelling "WE WANT SALTY BACK" so there's a good hint for ya on how much we like him