Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ebay

Ebay

Question: I don't sell on a regular basis. However, been moving some small items and just had an auction for a whole $33.00 and stated in the auction and in my email to the guy that it was check or money order payment only. The guy goes and sends a paypal. I find that the deny key is darkened and won't allow me to do that. As the auction funds are unclaimed by me and I have notified him twice that I won't accept this - am I correct to assume the funds will revert back to him as I won't accept??

Thanks, RK

Re: Ebay

Never tried that, but I think if you send it back as a refund that should do the trick.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

It won't let me, the deny key is darkened...

give paypal a call and they should be able to assist you.

Scroll down to the bottom of the payment screen, where he paid, and hit "refund".

Won't let me refund. I'll wait for this guy to respond. I don't have a clue why people can't read. If I state in auction check or MO, and again when I notify how much he owes, why would he go ahead and send paypal?

i haven't sold much on ebay either but now when i sold something on ebay two weeks ago they are making you accept paypal which i don't like for ebay and now paypal will hold your payment for 21 day until the buyer leaves postive feedback. i had to get ahold of the buyer for my auction and ask her to to retract her payment it was a big hassle on the phone with paypal for a while and they did not help and then on friday ebay ended my auctions because i stated no paypal even though i was forced to accept it i said check or money orders only.sorry i babbled on i just had to get that off my chest that is why i can't stand ebay

I think you got the same thing I have. I will wait for the buyer to respond. Worse case I will ask him to add fee to amount and then transfer it to my bank account so I can use the cash as I do not use paypal enough to reroute funds... What think?

Be careful, as soon as you ask for Paypal fees to be paid for by the buyer, you are breaking the law. If he reports it to ebay and/or Paypal you can be suspended or lose your accounts. Why not just accept the payment?

Rumor is that within a year or so, Paypal may be the only acceptable payment method on ebay. Ebay and Paypal get you on both ends just like the auction houses, you must play by their rules or find an alternate site to sell on. It's not ideal, but it's basically the only place to move alot of "junk".

I'll phone paypal today and see what they say. I had it in the auction that check and mo were the methods as well as the invoice. I think the buyer should have followed my rules. Will figure it out. Should not be all this hassle for $33...