Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Making money off my pictures?

It looks like someone printed out one of my pictures that I took and posted on this site and is selling it on ebay with an autograph. I don't have a problem with anyone viewing my pictures that I post or using them to try an photomatch something, but selling them I do not approve of.

here is a link to the auction:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Zack-Greinke-Kan...QQcmdZViewItem

here is the original post that I posted it in:
    http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=15128

Re: Making money off my pictures?

Perhaps you could put a watermark on them, prior to posting. That way, if they did really want the photo, you might have a bit more control over what it was used for.
    "We need rebirth of the American tradition of leadership ... in private life as well." "'Trust me' government asks that we concentrate our hopes and dreams on one man; that we trust him to do what's best for us. My view of government places trust not in one person or one party, but in those values that transcend persons and parties. The trust is where it belongs--in the people." - Ronald Reagan"

http://www.freewebs.com/chrishwish/

Banned

That JPG should NOT be sufficiently hi-res to get a good 8x10 print from.

When I zoom in on the picture on ebay , it appears there is a difference in the way the necklace it dangling out of his shirt ....

I don't think it is the same picture ????

On ebay the necklace appears to loop down . On your picture on GUU the necklace loop goes up and around .....

Also the shadowing on the ebay pic appears to be darker on his face ....

Just my observation..... To be sure I would need a better pic of the ebay picture.....
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

That's definitely the same picture. If you look at the straps from the glove they are the same weay. The small space between the glove and the jersey where you can see the dirt is the same and so on...

The only difference between the picture on here and the one on eBay is that the one on eBay has been cropped.

I personally think it's rude to use someone elses image for profit unless you ask them if you can use their images before hand.

Just my two cents...
    -Andrew

Im looking at the way the dirt is placed on the mound, the shadows, the necklace, etc etc. It looks like the same pic to me.

It's quite possible they got the photo from here. I bought a photo from them once thinking the quality would at least be somewhat decent. Wrong, It's obvious they used online pictures and had them made up and the quality is by far subpar. They are very grainy and low res./pixelated, which makes sense they didn't use a scanner to post up their pics.

They got me once and it wasn't worth the time/effort for me to get my money back or complain, lesson learned.

There's absolutely no doubt that it is the same photo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anthony Nunez
    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
    www.Houston-Gamblers.com

I was emailed an offer about a mcgwire bat. I ask for a pitcher of the back of the bat.They proceeded to email a pitcher of my bat that I posted here on the forum? They tried to pull a fast one on me and didn't not succeed.

Can anyone email me some info about water mark on the pitchers. Please post or email

Carlie Medina III
    carliemedinaiii@sbcglobal.net

Quote Originally Posted by cjmedina1 View Post
    I was emailed an offer about a mcgwire bat. I ask for a pitcher of the back of the bat.They proceeded to email a pitcher of my bat that I posted here on the forum? They tried to pull a fast one on me and didn't not succeed.

Can anyone email me some info about water mark on the pitchers. Please post or email

Carlie Medina III
    carliemedinaiii@sbcglobal.net

Carlie,

So they are trying to sell you your own bat which they don't have???

David