X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fnazxc0114
    • Aug 2007

Re: Players' Politics and Religion

I am surprised that this hasn't gotten out of hand, or maybe nobody has taken the bait. I know that Frik isn't trying to start anything but it seems that any time politics, religion, and people's mamas get brought up it could get out of hand pretty quick.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Comment

• TNTtoys
      • Aug 2006

I agree that the conversation has stayed very mature. I have seen far more trivial things discussed here and watched them get way out of hand very quickly... so kudos to the members of GUU who have contributed.

On a very similar note, I noticed that someone listed a Jose Offerman bat on ebay tonight. Now, he's someone I definitely would never add to my personal collection, despite his having spent time with my Mets... His recent behavior on the field was inexcusable... and as a father of young boys who are involved with team sports, I make a conscious choice not to collect someone whose actions on the field portray everything I teach my boys not to be (athletes are role models whether they like it or not). By collecting his memorabilia (in my opinion), I would be making the statement that I condone his actions.
      Looking for ...
      Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
      Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
      Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Comment

• RobSteinmetz
        • Jan 1970

This thread is turning into a political debate that has no benefit to the collecting community. I deleted a number of posts this morning, and I'm now locking the thread. If you wish to discuss your political or religious views, find another forum.

Thanks!

Rob
        Rob Steinmetz
        www.authenticgamers.com
        authenticgamers@aol.com

Paying top dollar for Chicago Cubs game used equipment!

Comment

Working...