Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Need opinions on this Chiefs jersey (Derrick Thomas)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=012

I am not sure if this one is legit, but I am in need of a Thomas gamer for my 100+ sack collection. Any help would be appreiated. Thanks, Chris!!

Re: Need opinions on this Chiefs jersey (Derrick Thomas)

I cannot comment on whether this is legit or not, but what strikes me is that the jersey being sold shows no real signs of use. I would expect a nice Thomas gamer to have some team repairs and show obvious signs of use.

I have to concur. In my opinion this looks more like a team issue piece than game used. A DT gamer would exhibit extensive use. Have a great Memorial Day weekend.

God Bless America
    Matthew

I'm selling this jersey. Hate to part with it, but raising money to buy a biz (local ice cream shop), so need extra cash. Otherwise would keep it forever.

The jersey does show signs of use, definately not game issued only. It has a couple small unrepaired tears, shows hit friction marks in the fabric, staining on the NOB, pulling on some stitching, tag wear, etc... Anyone who desires is free to view the jersey at my home in Columbia, Missouri anytime.

DT's game was speed rush, not bull rush so you won't see extreme use characteristics on his jerseys. All the game used pics of him from this era of jersey are similar in nature, and I've looked at hundreds of pics.

DT jerseys are very rare, do some research and see how many you come back with, and how many rookie era jerseys you come back with. Good luck on this if you are interested! IMHO you won't find a nicer one.

[quote=byergo;84720]
    The jersey does show signs of use, definately not game issued only. It has a couple small unrepaired tears, shows hit friction marks in the fabric, staining on the NOB, pulling on some stitching, tag wear, etc... Anyone who desires is free to view the jersey at my home in Columbia, Missouri anytime.
    [quote]
    Byergo, please don't take this wrong, you are probably more knowledgeable than me and you have probably been collecting game used for longer than I have and this is just a suggestion: You need to get pics of the tears and other signs of use into your auction and describe the things you mentioned here in your auction description. Just trying to help!

Quote Originally Posted by byergo View Post
    I'm selling this jersey. Hate to part with it, but raising money to buy a biz (local ice cream shop), so need extra cash. Otherwise would keep it forever.

DT's game was speed rush, not bull rush so you won't see extreme use characteristics on his jerseys. All the game used pics of him from this era of jersey are similar in nature, and I've looked at hundreds of pics.

DT jerseys are very rare, do some research and see how many you come back with, and how many rookie era jerseys you come back with. Good luck on this if you are interested! IMHO you won't find a nicer one.
    Class reply and offer. I wish you the best in your sale and hope it gets you a great price. You might want to consider revising the listing to better/fully describe the use/wear your jersey exhibits. Again, thanks for taking the time to respond and best of luck!

Those are good suggestions, but I can't alter the auction after it has a bid. Feel free to ask me a question about it's signs of use via EBAY, and I'll answer the question and tie it to the auction.

Thanks!

Forgot to add, if your a DT/Chiefs fan check out my other auctions. I'm also selling a legit full size Chiefs helmet autographed by DT personally when he visited MIZZOU's basketball stadium in the mid 1990's (event poster included).

DT was a really nice guy with a great personality and a smile that would light up the room. An uplifting guy to be around, and he did a lot of great charity work (some publicly and much more privately) that helped a great number of people. It's such a shame he passed away at such a young age.

And also selling a Christian Okoye autographed wire photo signed in person last year as well. The "Nigerian Nightmare" is still a monstrous sized stud! Absolutely huge for a RB.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by byergo View Post

Not to sound negative, but the sleeves on this jersey are wrong for the style Derrick used. As can be seen in the 3 pictures of DT in your listing, he wore the tight elastic band sleeves which have the sleeve stripe colors dyed right into the fabric. The sleeves on your jersey are loose open sleeves with printed stripes

Quote Originally Posted by nyjetsfan14 View Post
    Class reply and offer. I wish you the best in your sale and hope it gets you a great price. You might want to consider revising the listing to better/fully describe the use/wear your jersey exhibits. Again, thanks for taking the time to respond and best of luck!

Ahhh, I would agree! Most people would get their panties in a bunch and reply back in rage after questioning one of their auctions. Instead, he replies and answers questions about his auction in a calm and mature manner.