Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

View Poll Results: How should the game used forum be formatted?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like the new proposal

23 85.19%
  • Keep the current formatting

4 14.81%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned

Re: Poll: Upgrading The Forum

When will a section be added for Joel to talk about his dating life?

When will a section be added for Joel to discuss sports wagering? (1-0 last night, Eastern Washington +3 was my only play)

When will a section be added for Joel to talk about poker?

When will a section be added for Joel to discuss baseball history?

Never.

Never.

Never.

Never.

Oh well, too bad this is the only forum I post on.

I like the new way being talked about.I always check all of them anyway everyday.Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477
    The only thing I think we need is a Player signing / Autograph section - they way we can see who is signing where? and give us a place to discuss autographs. otherwise i think the forum is fine the way it is.
    Suave-

I think those kinds of things would fit under
    All Other Sports Collectibles Discussions

And who knows, if there's enough heat behind the discussions maybe it can branch out into its own folder some day.
    Eric

I would love to see jerseys separated out from the rest of the memorabilia. As they're the only thing I collect, it would save me lots of time...and could we make the threads always read oldest to newest? As soon as I log in, they reverse!

Quote Originally Posted by bigtime59
    could we make the threads always read oldest to newest? As soon as I log in, they reverse!
    Hello Bigtime-

I believe you have the ability to control the way you would like the threads to display after you login. To set it up, after you login, click on the "User CP" (User Control Panel) link in the blue navigation area for the forum. Then, click on the "Edit Options" link under "Settings and Options" on the left hand side of the page and scroll down to "Thread Display Mode". It is there that you can select the way you would like the threads to display after signing in.

Hope that helps.

Sincerely,
    Chris

1. Just wanted to confirm that "Items Wanted" will still be confined to game used items and not a combo of game used and other memorabilia.

2. I think there needs to be consideration of whether members should be limited in the number of threads / updates / refreshes for both the For Sale and Wanted sections. Perhaps once per week. At least for the Wanted section.

3. In the Wanted section, members should not be allowed to start new threads for each individual item sought. Not sure if this idea should, at this stage, strictly be extended to the For Sale section, but members should be encouraged to combine For Sale ads, with mods having the authority to edit if/when someone starts too many threads at one time.

4. Perhaps, in addition to the proposed discussion section for non-game worn memorabilia, there should be a For Sale section for such items as well. Taking it a step futher, perhaps also a corresponding Items Wanted Section.

Banned

please do not get rid of the current auction items section. it is a great tool to find items we may have missed or ask questions about a item. just my 2 cents great forum.

I also think we need a feedback forum about good deal or good trades to be able to praise the great dealers or collectors we have dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by bosoxfan4life
    please do not get rid of the current auction items section. it is a great tool to find items we may have missed or ask questions about a item. just my 2 cents great forum.

I also think we need a feedback forum about good deal or good trades to be able to praise the great dealers or collectors we have dealt with.
    Good thoughts.

I think the current auction discussions could take place within these specific folders
    1. Game Used Jersey Discussions
    2. Game Used Bat Discussions

4. All Other Game Used Items Discussions
    7. Vintage Memorabilia Discussions
    8. All Other Sports Collectibles

Banned

i think a seperate secetion for auctions is a must. lumping them in with other catagories will make it a mess. Maybe there could be a auction alert section for each field such as bats, jerseys other. This way it allows everyone the chance to focus on their intrest and does not make the other sections have so many post it is hard to go thru all of them.

Also i think it would be helpful to have a jersey photo data base, roken down team by team. For example

Braves Jerseys: with photos of tagging, lettering and numbers sizes and styles. this way it becomes a one stop resource center for all collectors to get an idea of what a true game worn jersey should look like i would be happy to lend the site my red sox jersey collection photos.

Feedback forum would be great. I have been on for only about a few months but in that time i have made 3 great deals and would like to be able to thank the people who helped to build my collection.

i agree with keeping the current auctions section, too. even if it's something I don't collect, i like to see what is being viewed and discussed.

Ken