Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mothers Day Bat/Jersey Reunion

Happy Memorial Day and thank you to all in Service who allow us to live the way we want.

I started the original 2007 Mother's Day thread after I obtained from Steiner Endy Chavez's Mother's Day jersey. I was trying to locate his Mothers day bat also, but lost out in the MLB auction to dcrules01. dcrules01 eventually sold the bat to David of Metsbats. When I contacted David he was nice enough to sell the bat to me. He thought the two should be together. Below are photos of a rare situation when the jersey and bat were authenticated on paper and in photos,of having been used in the same game. I don't think I've seen that before and if someone has please post. Notice the ball mark below Chavez's name which I believe is shown as the hit in the photo. Honorable mention to dcrules01 and a special thanks to David,who doesn't know it but I'm sending him as a gift ,Chavez's Montreal bat that I had obtained as a consolation for originally not getting the pink bat.

Re: Mothers Day Bat/Jersey Reunion

Did David send you the photo?? If not I have a high resolution one saved..Here it is send me your email addy..Awesome glad you eventually got the bat...Here is the photo...

Dont you need those pink wristbands he is wearing too?

Yea,I was trying to find the wristbands but didn't see them anywhere. I thought they would go to auction also.

Talk about use shown on bat of one game. Not only did he get a double using this bat but he also broke it later in the game. Funny thing is there is an article where Endy said he would give his(pink) bat to his Mom. But he gave the second one,the CLEAN,unused one to her.

Robert,

It was my pleasure to help you reunite the Endy pink bat with the jersey. You certainly now have a unique combination in your collection.

Wow it's really nice of you to send me the Endy Expos bat. You really didn't have to but thanks! My family and I love Montreal having vacationed there several times and in 2004 the last year the Expos were there we saw a game. I always wanted to pick up a defunct "Expos" gamer and now to have one from a current popular Met is great.

Scott: I did mail the photo which you sent me to Robert. I'm glad you were able to send him the hi-res file as the original print was slightly bent.

Have a nice memorial day to you both!

Regards
    David

Congratulations! Having the bat and jersey is great, what an awesome display they will make.

David is truly one of the nicest people I've ever met in this hobby, it's not surprising at all to hear that he was involved in a transaction like this.

Abe

Looks Great Pal.

That is awesome. Does anyone else have something like this?

Thanks grenda12. I forgot about this post. and.....if anybody owns these,I would be interested in purchasing them and would add a game used bat as an incentive or "signing bonus":

another set from that game:

That would be sweet if you acquired those couple more items.