Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Red Sox Bat Notes

What a piece from one of the Red Sox most memorable moments. That homerun was a bomb and Manny's first walk off homerun! The bat is HOF worthy, I can't wait to see pic's.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtruck260 View Post
    This should make Brian Hillerich (BMH) very happy considering he is under contract with LS.

Well, I can't blame Manny or any player for that matter about switching bats. If it feels good and you feel confident going to the plate with it, then you should use it. We've been working on some S318's for Manny that he liked but the weight was off. So we made him some more and our shipping department shipped them next day instead of Saturday delivery so four of his bats are in limbo at the moment. Hopefully he'll have them in the next day or two.
    Brian Hillerich

Quote Originally Posted by BMH View Post
    Well, I can't blame Manny or any player for that matter about switching bats. If it feels good and you feel confident going to the plate with it, then you should use it. We've been working on some S318's for Manny that he liked but the weight was off. So we made him some more and our shipping department shipped them next day instead of Saturday delivery so four of his bats are in limbo at the moment. Hopefully he'll have them in the next day or two.
    That's a great outlook Brian. I guess all you can do is hope...
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I do have an Ellsbury GU bat from last year- Steiner and MLB Auth. It's cracked at the handle and shows some nice use. There is nothing written on the ends(except 31 on top of the barrel in thin silver sharpie, prob weight). It wasn't in the MLB database for a while but when I checked today it was listed as authenticated on Sept 1, and specifically mentions Buchholz' no- hitter in the description. He was 1-1 as a pinch hitter in the game and I'm curious to see if it was actually used for that at bat. Anyone have the game handy?? Still looking for another one, but as mentioned previously there hasn't been much out there.
    Kelly
    kelspeck@gmail.com
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Anthony,

Here's the photo match of Manny hitting the game 3 ALDS HR off Angels pitcher Jered Weaver, the ballmarks and pine tar match perfectly and also the number 24 on the knob matched perfectly on another photo I have from the HR swing. I also have matched the bat to the ALDS walk off HR game 2 from a couple of high quality photos that I ordered.

Bobby

Awesome Bat and a great match!!!!

Greetings newbie rookie to the board but I have a quick q pls...
    I saw this pic when the sox went to japan and manny had a bat that I thought was from Diablo but I don't think so. Then I saw him swinging the same bat again recently. Is this a Diablo bat? Can anyone help? thanks again

Sorry I dont know why my post went first but my q is on page 1

Welcome to the forum! I had the same question when I first seen Manny with that bat. I dont think its a Diablo also, maybe a Japanese brand bat given to Manny by one of the Japanese players they played against during the exhibition games in Japan.

Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by gameused View Post
    Welcome to the forum! I had the same question when I first seen Manny with that bat. I dont think its a Diablo also, maybe a Japanese brand bat given to Manny by one of the Japanese players they played against during the exhibition games in Japan.

Bobby
    I ran into this article
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba..._win_over.html

It says he tried to use his red bat? is that the Diablo bat or the one we see him holding? it looks more orange than red. it further says he bought bats in japan. was SSK one of the bats bought and the one we see in the pic?