Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Red Sox Bat Notes

Quote Originally Posted by smallpapi View Post
    I ran into this article
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba..._win_over.html

It says he tried to use his red bat? is that the Diablo bat or the one we see him holding? it looks more orange than red. it further says he bought bats in japan. was SSK one of the bats bought and the one we see in the pic?

The red bats the article mentioned are Diablo bats, he used them a lot in spring training. The bats he bought in Japan were SSK and he's been using them lately, he hit his 500th HR with a SSK bat.

Quote Originally Posted by gameused View Post
    The red bats the article mentioned are Diablo bats, he used them a lot in spring training. The bats he bought in Japan were SSK and he's been using them lately, he hit his 500th HR with a SSK bat.

So I guess that orange\reddish bat is from Japan? Did MLB approve it? I thought MLB was more strict when it comes to coloring and stuff...oh well I guess we will never know what the bat is lol

Has anybody seen Manny Ramirez use an unfinished natural color XBat or a black XBat with a Puerto Rican flag sticker this year ?
    Thanks, Kim

Quote Originally Posted by BPH32 View Post
    Has anybody seen Manny Ramirez use an unfinished natural color XBat or a black XBat with a Puerto Rican flag sticker this year ?
    Thanks, Kim
    Kim,

I have not seen Manny use a unfinished X-bat this year, he did use a unfinished Diablo bat during spring training.

Manny used an all black X bat this year, not sure if it had a flag sticker, use sure it's a Puero Rican flag?

Manny has used an X-bat with the Dominican flag this year.

Bobby

My bad I mean a Dominican flag.
    Kim

As it was mentioned before by someone here it is a Japanese Bat Manny uses....Tamagawa? i can't make out the pic
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I was at the game when Red Sox were in Cincinnati a couple weeks ago. I took some pictures in BP. Anyone know what kind of bat Manny was using. He crushed a few in BP using this bat. Strange looking bat to say the least. Has anyone ever seen him use this type of bat in BP before....