Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Manny Ramirez 499

Alright, we sent him some bats over the weekend and Manny loved them. He hit the homer last night but we can't tell from the photos what brand he's swinging. He hasn't answered his phone either. So does anyone have a better "view" as to what type bat he was swinging?

I've checked Getty and a few other places but the photos don't show any of the logos.
    Brian Hillerich

Re: Manny Ramirez 499

I believe it was an all black X-bat. He has been using so many different models recently.

Anthony

Brian,

Here's a screen cap showing the barrel of Manny's bat for you from last nights game.

Josh

Hard to tell but I think that's an SSK with the logo covered in pine tar. Same as he was using last week. In his next at bat, I think he used a fresh bat (not much tar) probably so he could retire (sell) the 499 bat...

Matt

Good call Matt as it is defintely an SSK.

Post Re: Manny Ramirez 499

Brian,

Shoot me an email. I have a question for you.

Michael
    Ballofbases@Hotmail.com

Thanks guys, couldn't tell last night. It's going to be interesting to see if he when he does hit 500. He's under contract with us and he gets a very nice bonus from us for hitting 500. I wonder if he'll try to collect?
    Brian Hillerich

BMH, Did Thome get a big bonus for his 500 ? I believe his bat was an M356 ...
    Roger Ward- Thomecollector
    thomecollector@verizon.net

Brian -

I am rooting for him to pull out an old tar-covered M9 to hit 500! He always goes back to the M9's eventually...

But given that he admits he doesn't even know the pitch count half the time, he may have forgotten the incentive to use the right bat. On the other hand, he has played the player equipment marketing game for every penny (for $200, would likely sign a toaster as "07 game used" ), so he sure reacts to financial incentives!

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by thomecollector View Post
    BMH, Did Thome get a big bonus for his 500 ? I believe his bat was an M356 ...
    To tell the truth I don't know what's in his contract. But I know they do get different things for different milestones and the post season. The actual contract is only worth $1500 for three years...
    Brian Hillerich