Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: A Question for Everyone

I'm glad it found a great home. Be sure and post pics when your display room's complete! One of these days I'll get around to doing mine. BTW, which photos did you use to match the 300th homer and division series?

I actually matched them off of www.canseconet.com There are some very usefull pics there, if you are a Canseco collector. He hit his 300th HR exactly 7 days after the photo that I have already posted on here was taken. He hit it Sept. 11, 1995 and the pic already posted was taken Sept. 18, 1995. If you go to canseconet.com there are several photos that the site manager actually took at the game that day. There are also tons of pics on gettyimages of Jose wearing this helmet, and I have over 10 cards showing him wearing this helmet. This has to be one of the easiest photomatches in the world. I am just glad you put 2 and 2 together. Who did the seller of this helmet originally sell it as worn by? I will post the 300th HR pic here in a little while.

Thanks, Todd Ricks

Todd, it was originally listed as a Varitek.

Thanks Jason, I had forgotten. For some reason I cannot access canseconet from my work computer. If you want to look, go to the site and look under photos. It should be in an album at the top that says he took the pics at a game 9/11/95. You can also go to gettyimages and see that the other pic is from 9/18/95. Just an awesome helmet and once again I appreciate it.

Todd Ricks

Sure thing, Todd. You're clearly enjoying it more than I ever did, which is saying something because I loved having it. I just looked at those pics on that site. I think I did see them when I first bought the helmet but the pics were sort of small and I couldn't get a great look at the details. You're right though, there are some good ones elsewhere, like Getty.