Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Albert Belle GU Bat on Ebay

I was browsing the bay this morning and stumbled across the following bat. I was wondering about everyone's thoughts on the bat. I only have a few bats in my collection so any insight is appreciated.

I am not familiar with the seller or Belle's bat selection (as they seem pretty rare) enough to feel completely comfortable with the bat. Can any bat experts offer any insights as to its authenticity and if so, what time period he used this type of bat? Thanks in advance!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALBERT-BELLE-GAM...QQcmdZViewItem

Re: Albert Belle GU Bat on Ebay

I know he used this particular model in 1991.

Banned

I'm not sure about the bat but it has been listed a couple of time already on Ebay.

Hey Greg. I have a Cooper bat that Belle used with the Indians and the only unusual thing that I have seen on his bats in the past have been a really flat knob. There is no tapering between the handle and the knob. The handle just ends into the knob and there is a noticeably larger lip around his rather than the standard tapering job you see on others (I hope this makes sense)... The number is too fuzzy on the end of this bat to determine if it is a match with mine.

Time period is correct. It is an early 90's model. I have a Thome from '95. I believe that the year is stamped in the knob like the one I have. I'll see if I can locate a picture of mine.
    Roger Ward- Thomecollector
    thomecollector@verizon.net

For comparison purposes only--- Between 1991 and 1993, Belle ordered the following lengths, weights, and models from H & B (in order of most to least):
    Lengths: 35", 36", 34.5" (rarely), 35.5" (very rarely)
    Weight" between 32 oz and 36 oz, with the majority being 33 oz
    Finish: Majority Walkersome Galen and Hornsby, a few Flame treated
    Models: C243, B243, (about 45 % each), B343, P89, J93

Also in comparison, the placement of the letters in ALBERT is accurate with previously sold Worth known gamers.

Mike jackitout7@aol.com

Thanks for the great insight guys!!! As alwyays this place is a great resource. Mike, Thomecollector and ndevelin you guys were a big help!

A little silly I know, but if you look at the back of his 1991 Fleer Ultra card, he is swinging one of these bats as well.