Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bad eBay experience

Just sharing a bad ebay experience. An ebayer theahwatukeeflash was very unprofessional in my opinion. Buyer contacted me after an item I listed did not sell. He was looking to purchase the item (1991 Brett Favre Score Rookie card - not expensive either $6.49 shipped). I was under the impression that the card was an error since it is lacking the card number on the reverse. I researched the internet and all my books to see if it was a catalogued error or if I may have discovered it before listing it on the net. Buyer promplty paid me and I promtly mailed the card out. Buyer says card is fake and filed a dispute with paypal without contacting me first to resolve the issue and was very strong about accusing me of fraud for selling a "fake" item on ebay and that I basicly should be banned. I do not know if the card is fake or not at this point (does not seem to be the Favre rookie one would pick to be faked but who knows). I have never had a buyer like this one. I gladly refunded his money but also noted that I was not pleased with his example of defamation of character. Just thought some should be careful in case this guy bids on your items. Could be a great guy but he totally handled the situation in an unprofessional mannner in my opinion. If I was trying to pull one over on him I would never had sent him the card in the first place, and for $6.49? OK I'm done venting.
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !

Banned

Re: Bad eBay experience

WOW!! For a card that he only paid $6.49 that guy sould be banned from Ebay. That's the only thing I hate about Ebay. That buyers like him get away with alot. One time I had a buyer leave me negative feedback stating he never received a couple of game used items. About 2 months later the buyer switches his user ID and puts the items I sold him on Ebay. I report him to Ebay and try to remove the negative feedback and Ebay tells me they cant to anything.

I did the right thing, I refunded his money. Let him and paypal know I was disappointed in his approach. Now he sent me a threatening email and accuses me of making the card. I guess I have a "stalker". I don't get some people.
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !

Quote Originally Posted by b.heagy View Post
    I did the right thing, I refunded his money. Let him and paypal know I was disappointed in his approach. Now he sent me a threatening email and accuses me of making the card. I guess I have a "stalker". I don't get some people.
    Could be a kid for whom six bucks is a lot of money.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Banned

If 6 bucks is a lot of money for him he should not be spending it on cards. He could get almost 2 gallons of gas instead.
    Sarahsdad

Forgers of sports cards don't sell them for only $6.49, and wouldn't make much of a living forging Score Brett Favres. There's a a reason forgers forge 1933 Goudey Babe Ruths and 1955 Topps Sany Koufaxes: they sell for a lot more money than forged 1989 Fleer Walt Weises.

Only $6.49??? Yeah that's hardly anything! He should have contacted you prior to filing a dispute. Do you know if the card you sold him was a "fake"? Maybe the buyer's right in that the card was a "fake"?

If I thought the card was fake I would never have offered it for sale. I will send in a couple examples to PSA to get their opinion just to be safe. I never asked to have the card sent back to me. The whole thing is bizarre in my opinion and maybe Frikativ54 is right I may be dealing with a kid or irrational person or a thief, 1. buyer says fake and files dispute without contacting me first, 2. says I should be banned from ebay, 3. he is going to monitor my listings to make sure I don't sell fake items on ebay, 4. basicly says I should be convicted in court for fraud, 5. later insinuated I am making the cards myself. 6. threatening emails. Since I stated in my last email that I would be seeking the opinion of PSA I have heard nothing from him. I honestly don't think a counterfieter would waste time on such a low end card. It lists at what $5.00 in beckett? give or take
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !

I think you are right in your assumption that the buyer could be a kid or irrational person or even a thief. However, I'm really intersted in what PSA says about the card. If it isn't a "fake" than the buyer is a thief! If it comes back from PSA and it is a "fake" than koodos to the buyer for catching it! He should have handled the situation a little more lightly. Threatening you without knowing whether or not you actually made what he believes to be a "fake" was not the correct course of action. I can't imagine how upset I'd be if I thought someone sold me something "fake". Let us know when you get the PSA report on whether or not the card is "fake". That should help clear up some of our assumptions. If it's not a "fake" I think I may be interested in buying one from you. I'm a Brett Favre fanatic! Please post it when you find out.

Well after all this time I finally have my answer with much thanks to forum member scottanservitz who was kind enough to step up and help a guy out. I had sent an example of the card to Scott along with payment to PSA and a little extra $ and a duplicate of the card for Scott. Scott emailed me today to let me know that the card was posted as a N9 which means they do not grade factory misprinted cards. The card is authentic just ungradeable due to the factory misprint. I await the return of the card so I can proceed with my case. For such a little sale such a headache to prove that I am an honest person.
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !