Re: Larry Walker Wanted

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    BTW - is this Dreamer from SCF???

- Chris

Yes it is

I am really interested in the hats for sure

Dreamerfan, any interest in my Larry Walker game used uncracked Sam Bat PSA/DNA John Taube COA??? I'm looking to get a Soriano signed game used Cubs bat or money to help fund a Soriano.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Michael T. Neville

My collection of bats,jersey's,ball's,etc.
    http://www.freewebs.com/negleypirate/

I collect game used stuff of Pittsburgh Pirates,Penguins,Steelers and Michael Jordan cards....

mtneville@att.net

4neville4@gmail.com

That blonde Walker bat is a store model.

Quote Originally Posted by Rboitano View Post
    That blonde Walker bat is a store model.
    I know that - it was also used by Larry in ST years back. Don't ask me why he did, but Rockies Game Used stuff - and you can check this with the Rockies - is littered with store model stuff - including jerseys - because the team was VERY cheap on what they would spend (obviously they still are - Holliday's gone).

I've talked to many people including Allen (now the Visiting Club House Mgr) for the Rox, Paula (former Main Dug Out Store Mgr) - by the way, the Dugout stores are OWNED by the Rockies and their FT employees rcvd NLCS rings just like the players - Tina (current Main Dug Out Store Mgr) and others who have told me many stories of club house attendants from the Rockies having to either go to the store or Aramark (who runs the DryGoods Store @ Coors Field) to get a Jersy, Hat, bat or whatever for a player because they had given away their last one to a charity or a visitor or whatever.

I'm definately not looking for big time GU Bat $$$ on this bat. But it is what it is...

- Chris

Chris,
    How much for the walker jersey?

Quote Originally Posted by TOYOTATruck07 View Post
    Chris,
    How much for the walker jersey?
    Toyota -

Looking for $1,200 but willing to negotiate.

I personally think that's a fair price since his 'regular' gamers sell for $750 - $1,000 + pretty regularly - AU GU normally break $1,000

I've yet to see another '97 w/ the AU and MVP inscription from his MVP Season.

For FULL DISCLOSURE (due to an earlier Thread) YES, I have put this jersey on my back ONCE - and yes, I was wearing a tee shirt under it!

Also, the Rockies LOA is a SCANNED COPY. I have mentioned this in other posts as well - I have been in the practice for years of scanning all of my LOAs/COAs for Insurance purposes and such.

The Original for this jersey and the hat were part of about 5 or 6 LOAs from the Rockies that were in a box on the floor of my basement when we moved into our house that got soaked when a pipe in the basement sprung a leak. All the paperwork in the box was destroyed by water damage.

The jersey was not in the basement yet when this happened, just boxes of balls, paperwork and holiday decorations...

Unfortunately (like most places) the Rockies will not replace Lost or Damaged LOAs - and (also like most places) the Rockies now have the following paragraph on their LOAs:

"Please be aware that the Colorado Rockies Baseball Club will be unable to authenticate any subsequent sales or transfers by Buyer to a third party."

Prior to the 2002 (?) maybe 2003 season, James Kellogg (Director of Merchandising for the Rox) wrote and signed all of the LOAs and did not include that statement.

Since then, Aaron Heinrich (Asst Director) started writing the LOAs and added the above paragraph.

I know Aaaron and he indicated to me it was done because of (as previously discussed in other threads) all of the various tagging the Rockies used - and a lot of players gave away their jerseys personally - they had tons of requests for LOAs.

If you have serious strong interest, please feel free to IM me or eMail me - xpress34@comcast.net

All the best -

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamerfan View Post
    I am really interested in the hats for sure
    Dreamer -

I am looking for around $400 for it, but willing to negotiate.

As stated below about the jersey, this is one of the items that the original LOA was destroyed in my basement flood but I do have a file copy I can print that was scanned into my computer...

Or I can eMail you the scan if you buy...

- Chris

Dreamer -

I know I mentioned it a little bit earlier - and I can take better pics and send - but this hat is unusual compared to ALL other Rockies GU Hats I have had (and I've owned probably 20 or 30 different ones over the years - in fact I just sold Galarraga, Castilla and Steve Reed) in that it has a LEATHER headband...

The only other hats I've had or own with Leather Headbands are VINTAGE KM Pros and such from the 60's and 70's...

I don't know (and I have tried to research it) if this was a special order thing by Larry or what...

Also, I was just looking at my COA / LOA scans and this is actually a 1998 Gamer... I believe I listed it as a '96 Gamer earlier...

- Chris