Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Game Used Collecting - Next Generation...

I am certain that there are many of you who are passing your collections onto your kids...

The other day, I took this photo of my boy taking interest in my bats.
    Any other photos out there of the next generation of game used collecting?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

dmul43

Re: Game Used Collecting - Next Generation...

I too, will be passing on my collection to my children. Currently, we have a 19 month old son who I can't let near my collection (he's like a tasmanian devil), but I've started him early meeting some pro athletes!

This is a current picture of Austin James...innocent until I let get loose around the house!

Austin and Derek Lee

Austin and Brian Urlacher

Austin and Bobby Hull

This bookcase is in my den....after an "incident", he's not allowed in there until he's 16. All my loose bat and hockey sticks had to put away in a closet in the house until he understands....

My four year old has already been corrupted

Alex with his Pat Neshek GU'd hats

w/ Joe Jacoby

w/some Redskin Cheerleaders

w/Brooks

w/Joe Altobelli

w/ Cal

w/Ravens cheerleaders

w/Mamie Peanut Johnson

Taking batting practice at Bowie Baysox stadium

I keep my collection in a locked 18x25' room. Kids were programmed 11 years ago about not entering without an adult - and it has been fine. My son is 11 and comes in from time to time and as he is interested in sports there is definite interest there. My daughter could care less. Both will inherit the whole thing. There are pieces I'd like them to keep and send down thru the family, and there is stuff they can sell, but when I die surely I can'y object so they'll probably do what they want!!!

RK

Hey guys, the odds of your kids being as passionate about collecting the same game used stuff as you are very slim. My kids never showed much interest and now that they are teens they could care less. I just think our niche of collecting is so far out there that it's not likely our kids will have the same passion.

I would also plan to either sell everything before you die or give your kids explicit directions on how to sell everything. Just imagine your kids selling all your stuff at an estate sale and letting everything go for next to nothing. You'll be turning over in your grave.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by karamaxjoe View Post
    Hey guys, the odds of your kids being as passionate about collecting the same game used stuff as you are very slim. My kids never showed much interest and now that they are teens they could care less. I just think our niche of collecting is so far out there that it's not likely our kids will have the same passion.

I would also plan to either sell everything before you die or give your kids explicit directions on how to sell everything. Just imagine your kids selling all your stuff at an estate sale and letting everything go for next to nothing. You'll be turning over in your grave.

Mike
    This is probably an accurate statement Mike.

I HOPE my kids appreciate my passion enough while I am here to cherish my stuff after I am gone. I think that educating my family is the best way to go. They might be bored to death, but it will only benefit them to understand what they may one day inherit.

My Dad collects knives, and trust me - I am no knife expert...but I know enough about Linder bone-handled knives to not be totally ripped off by a dealer.
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Your kids are very lucky... I hope they appreciate being held by Urlacher and cheerleaders some day!

Here are a couple of pictures of my 7 year old son Noah. He spends a lot of time in my office where my collection is stored/displayed. He loves the stuff and wants to see what's in every box that gets delivered. He has a few items of his own. He and I also have started a collected of Football and basketball hall of fame autographs, he loves autographed cards!

Here he is meeting his favorite player, Darryl Dawkins:

Here he is wearing my pair of James Worthy game used goggles, Big Game Noah!

Greg/Abe,

Do you guys shop at the same store for your kids?

Nick