X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yanks12025
    • Jan 2006

Re: Fraud Victim advice

Mike,
    Same thing right now for a me, i bought an item and he sold it to someone else and i have yet to get my money back. So i called his local police and they want me to write a statement about what happened and send any proof to them and then they will go from their, i hope they will tell him that he has 3 days to give me my money back or ill press charges.

Comment

• Fraudfinder!!
      • Nov 2005

That is good news.

As I said in a previous post, a call from a detective usually will motivate the bad guy to come clean. To have two of them show up at your door is even better. I attended a conference last week with Ebay/Paypal dealing strickly with law enforcement and what they offer to police agencies. More and more law enforcement agencies are investigating these types of crimes and not calling them "civil problems". The Ebay Fruad Division is not perfect but they are at least getting the word out to police on what they offer as far as supplementing a police investigation. It is up to law enforcement now to take these complaints more seriously.

Comment

• Fnazxc0114
        • Aug 2007

i had someone hack into my paypal account and they stol 900 dollars from it. two days after this happened i got a blank cd sent to me overnight. the guy who stole from me was covering his tracks. luckily paypal found in my favor and refunded the money.
        Baseball do what it do
        -Ron Washington

Comment

Working...