Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Arod bat decision

If you had to pick, which Arod homer bat would you get ....

525 or 524

I have a chance to get a cracked or uncracked one. The problem for me is that the cracked one is from a game at Yankee Stadium #524 the other is from Batimore #525.

Is a cracked bat worth less than uncracked?

Re: Arod bat decision

Jeez, that is actually a great dilemma to have!! 525 is a nice round number and folks see it as a benchmark. Sure its not number 100, 500, 550 but it still would hold more mystique being 525 than 524. In my opinion if they are both in the same neighborhood price wise I would prefer 525.....

Thanks!
    Davis

Banned

Here are a few pictures, I guess the main question is does it make any difference in value if a home run bat is cracked?
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by schubert1970 View Post
    If you had to pick, which Arod homer bat would you get ....
    525 or 524
    I have a chance to get a cracked or uncracked one. The problem for me is that the cracked one is from a game at Yankee Stadium #524 the other is from Batimore #525.
    Is a cracked bat worth less than uncracked?
    I would choose the #524. Besides the homer, ARod had two doubles, one of which was contriversially called a homer instead of a double. So this bat caused some controvesy that may change rule for instant replay. thats my take.

I choose #524 and would have been #525 also.

Nice Story.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Heck take them both! (lol) Then trade one to me for something. I would love to add an Arod Yanks gamer to my collection.
    Enjoy the one you like best!
    Mike
    Michael T. Neville

My collection of bats,jersey's,ball's,etc.
    http://www.freewebs.com/negleypirate/

I collect game used stuff of Pittsburgh Pirates,Penguins,Steelers and Michael Jordan cards....

mtneville@att.net

4neville4@gmail.com

The two players on the all time list that ARod has just passed are McCovey and Ted Williams with 521 so neither bat is a home run that put him ahead of some one on the all time HR list. Since he's probably going to hit a lot more it probably doesn't make any difference if you have 524 or 525 if he hits 600 or 700. Are either of the home runs of any particular significance such as a game winner, did you personally see him hit it, would you rather have one from the last year at Yankee Stadium, etc? If not then it probably comes down to whether you like a cracked or unbroken bat. I prefer an unbroken one, and unless the broken one has some special significance for you I think a lot of people think its the better buy, but that's just personal.

Banned

Could anyone help me photo match either of these bats?? No luck with Getty and not sure where else to look.

Banned

Theses are the bats MVP is selling correct?
    They just sent me the ad for these

Semms like they want a bit much for these bats imo

I wouldn't buy either instead I'd bid on HR # 482 on eBay! For probably around the same price you can get a game used belt HR bat and the 2 third base's used in the same game as the home run! Plus the game was in yankee stadium against the bosox and it was his 500 hr year!

Banned

Thanks for the tip! I'll keep an eye on the auction, I'm sure it will get a bit crazy. You would think I should be able to find a better price. I just need to be patient.