Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Jeter jersey on ebay

can anyone take a look at this jersey and tell me if its real, listing said it had a steiner sticker but it fell off. but i have never heard of that has anyone else?

Re: Jeter jersey on ebay

I have both heard of that and experienced it myself. Fortunately, I was able to eventually find the sticker but in a somewhat damaged state and I can well imagine that if/when I go to sell the jersey, a prospective buyer or two may be concerned by its condition (I still have the original letter). I wrote to Steiner asking for a replacement hologram but never received a reply to my e-mail, although my understanding is that others have had more luck in this regard.

Quote Originally Posted by hrvatwill View Post
    I have both heard of that and experienced it myself. Fortunately, I was able to eventually find the sticker but in a somewhat damaged state and I can well imagine that if/when I go to sell the jersey, a prospective buyer or two may be concerned by its condition (I still have the original letter). I wrote to Steiner asking for a replacement hologram but never received a reply to my e-mail, although my understanding is that others have had more luck in this regard.
    I have also had holograms come off the fabric and it has happened many times on Yankees pants.

Conversely, before Steiner changed to a "Game Used" Hologram, having the hologram on a jersey didn't guarantee game used as it could have been game issued.

An Original letter was your best proof along with photo matches. We have discussed this issue many many times as the system was flawed. Glad they finally listened and changed it!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500