Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Mets jersey signing opinions wanted

Getting this jersey signed this weekend. Looking for opinions from the Mets jersey collectors out there as to what color pen/marker looks best and what location. The front of the jersey is unwashed and still has dirt staining from a subsequent stolen base.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.

Re: Mets jersey signing opinions wanted

Ah, you must be going to the Twins Auto. Party. My son and I will be in Morneau's line trying to get Justin's 2007 GU bat and his River Bandits GU minor league jersey signed. I would get it on the number and use a silver deco. paint pen. You can get them at Michael's for around $5.00. I used one to have Don Mattingly sign his Game-Issue jersey and it came out great. Best of luck and I look forward to seeing it after you get it signed. But, beware, Gomez has the worst autograph EVER.

Mike

I concur with Mike - a silver paint pen on the number looks nice.

I have a team signed white Mets jersey, where the white part of the jersey was done in blue sharpie. The sharpie has bled tremendously.

Quote Originally Posted by nomarmauerfan View Post
    Ah, you must be going to the Twins Auto. Party. My son and I will be in Morneau's line trying to get Justin's 2007 GU bat and his River Bandits GU minor league jersey signed. I would get it on the number and use a silver deco. paint pen. You can get them at Michael's for around $5.00. I used one to have Don Mattingly sign his Game-Issue jersey and it came out great. Best of luck and I look forward to seeing it after you get it signed. But, beware, Gomez has the worst autograph EVER.

Mike
    Hi Mike,

I had Gomez sign a game used ball earlier this year. After he handed it back to me I looked at it and thought to myself "that's it?"

Bryan

Brian,
    Hahaha...I almost had to ask him which way the ball was supposed to go into the holder when my son got him in Ft. Myers. I heard that the advance forecast is calling for T-storms...hopefully, they'll be wrong. My 7-year old son and I are going to try and get there around 7:30am (his doing). We're gonna hit up Morneau for the items I already listed, then to Brendan Harris' line for him to sign a GU bat (my 5-year old daughter's favorite). Good luck and if you see someone carrying Morneau and Harris' GU bats around in bat tubes walking with a 7-year old, please stop me and say hello.

Mike

I'll never understand the fascination with getting game worn jerseys signed when there is so much other stuff you can get autographed. I prefer my game worn jerseys unsigned (at least on the outside) because they were not worn on the field/ice with autographs.

Hi Mike,

Could you email me. Got a question for you.

Bryan

sylbry314@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by sylbry View Post
    Getting this jersey signed this weekend. Looking for opinions from the Mets jersey collectors out there as to what color pen/marker looks best and what location. The front of the jersey is unwashed and still has dirt staining from a subsequent stolen base.
    You could have him sign in silver up the 7 on the back, or blue or black sharpie under the number...

Quote Originally Posted by Neely8 View Post
    I'll never understand the fascination with getting game worn jerseys signed when there is so much other stuff you can get autographed. I prefer my game worn jerseys unsigned (at least on the outside) because they were not worn on the field/ice with autographs.
    It's a personal preference thing Neely, like so many things in the hobby. I have been in this 30 + years now, always get my equipment signed. I look at it as the piece has been "retired" from play, is now in my possesion and I like to get it signed and display it that way.

Back in the day I always had my jerseys signed in sharpie on the jersey itself. While I never have had a bleeding problem, I will have to admit that the current fascination of getting numbers signed in the silver deco pen is not a bad idea and quite attractive - and I will likely go that route in the future. This is particular to say a Mets jersey that has the stripes where a signature gets caught up in that busy atmosphere...

RK