Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hawaii

Re: Hawaii

Quote Originally Posted by Sincityson View Post
    Anyone from Hawaii have any thoughts on the new GBL team? Will it be popular? etc..
    Forgive my ignorance but what is the GBL team? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiSportsNut View Post
    Forgive my ignorance but what is the GBL team? Thanks.
    Golden Baseball League and Maui is fielding a team in 2010. GBL made up of teams mostly in California and Arizona. Talk about a road trip.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    Golden Baseball League and Maui is fielding a team in 2010. GBL made up of teams mostly in California and Arizona. Talk about a road trip.
    Travel expenses will be up there.. It will be interesting to see if it will actually work, hopefully it will!
    Following Game Used/Worn auctions and team sales: www.twitter.com/gameused

I really would like to see how it'll work out with traveling expenses flying between the states. The Hawaii Winter Baseball League could not handle the expenses flying between the islands before calling it quits. Plus the stands were not filling up with fans as well. I really miss the HWB it gave the baseball fans in the middle of the pacific a chance to see a lot of emerging major league stars & superstars before they made the big show. We had the chance to see emerging stars like Ichiro Suzuki, Adam Kenney, Joba Chaimberlain, Todd Helton, Kazuo Matsui, Jason Giambi, and a whole lot more current MLB players. If there is going to be only one team in the state it might be hard to get a real fan base. Either way I honestly hope it works out then they might be able to expand to 2-3 teams in the state.

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiSportsNut View Post
    I really would like to see how it'll work out with traveling expenses flying between the states. The Hawaii Winter Baseball League could not handle the expenses flying between the islands before calling it quits. Plus the stands were not filling up with fans as well. I really miss the HWB it gave the baseball fans in the middle of the pacific a chance to see a lot of emerging major league stars & superstars before they made the big show. We had the chance to see emerging stars like Ichiro Suzuki, Adam Kenney, Joba Chaimberlain, Todd Helton, Kazuo Matsui, Jason Giambi, and a whole lot more current MLB players. If there is going to be only one team in the state it might be hard to get a real fan base. Either way I honestly hope it works out then they might be able to expand to 2-3 teams in the state.
    Don't count out HWB yet!!!!! I have heard from a very good source, it maybe back as early as this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Early Christmas for Hawaii collector

Hey Hawaiian collectors! In the spirit of Christmas: I've got a great Maui Stingrays "game worn" hat that I'll send to the first person who wants it who posts after this post. Story behind the hat: I bought it at former MLB player and long-time coach Ken Berry's yard sale (among other items). Whether he coached the Stingrays or was just there doing hitting/outfield instruction (he's been a roving instructor for several teams along with regular coaching) I don't know and it's got some wear. He told me everything on his "jersey" table he had worn, so that's the story. It has all the proper tagging and is a beauty.
    Topekabob

Re: Early Christmas for Hawaii collector

Quote Originally Posted by topekabob View Post
    Hey Hawaiian collectors! In the spirit of Christmas: I've got a great Maui Stingrays "game worn" hat that I'll send to the first person who wants it who posts after this post. Story behind the hat: I bought it at former MLB player and long-time coach Ken Berry's yard sale (among other items). Whether he coached the Stingrays or was just there doing hitting/outfield instruction (he's been a roving instructor for several teams along with regular coaching) I don't know and it's got some wear. He told me everything on his "jersey" table he had worn, so that's the story. It has all the proper tagging and is a beauty.
    Topekabob
    How much you asking for the hat?

Thanks,
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by jetersbatboy View Post
    Don't count out HWB yet!!!!! I have heard from a very good source, it maybe back as early as this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That would be nice if they would make a comeback. The last I heard from the main office was that they were done for good. The cost was too much for maintaining the league & the gate revenue wasn't there.

-Rick

That's fine. I'll find a Ken Berry fanatic for the hat, wherever he/she may be!

topekabob - I emailed you my address. Please let me know if I owe anything for shipping.

Thanks,
    Rick